Swedish massage routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claudiaf

Reaction score
Hi geeks!

Had question, how do you do your Swedish massage routine do you have you start on there back or front. Eg: supine position starting from arms or legs etc?

Thanks guys x

I just ask the client which they would prefer. I don't know if that's right but thats how I do it. If i start on the front I so legs, arms, turn over and back of legs and back. If I start face down I do back, back of legs, then over front of legs and then arms. Fit face/scalp in at appropriate time if necessary x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I always start on the back so client face down .... My routine is

Back
Arms
Back of legs
Turn client
Foot
Front of leg
Foot
Front of leg
Stomach if wanted
Neck and shoulders
Face and scalp

But there's no wrong or right it's whatever you feel comfortable with HTHs x

I always start with a 20 min back massage then move onto back of legs and then turn clients to work on the front. I find by starting this way the client relaxes into the massage much quicker.

I start with 20mins back , then legs turn client over then do feet, front of legs,arms then hands. But I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do it, it just flows well for me this way xx

i always start with the feet and work up, it depends on whether the client wants their face included if i start with them on their back or front. (i finish with the face)

So if they want face included does everyone usually finish with face. I guess everyone has there own way of doing it xx

So if they want face included does everyone usually finish with face. I guess everyone has there own way of doing it xx

I almost always finish with the face although I have one client who finds that the most relaxing so for her I start with the face and finish with the back. That's the beauty of massage though, you can adapt it for individual clients :)

I always start with a smell test to determine what oil I use for the massage (I'm ESPA trained) and then start with a 30 minute back massage then backs of legs, fronts of legs & feet, stomach if they want it, but more or less do this when I'm using a detoxifying oil, arms neck and shoulders then finish with a pressure point to the base of the neck

I always do my normal 30 mins back routine then 5 mins on front arms then legs and same on the backs finishing on feet last (otherwise I feel like I'm moving there probably dirty feet on their body) haha x

I start with them laying in their back, do feet and legs, arms, neck and shoulders then get them to turn over, backs of legs then finish with the back. Basically saving the best until last.

I love having massages and HATE it when they start working on my back.

Like another poster, I always end with the feet,so I don't have to break contact to wash my hands.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y330-U01 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do aromatherapy massage as oppose to swedish and start on the back and back of head, backs of legs, turn client, front of legs, tummy, arms, face/décolleté/head simply because if I was having a massage, that's how is like it.

Funnily enough, when I did swedish, I started on the front of the body and ended with back, but I hated swedish!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same as Vic. I also put a hot towel on the back and the feet when finished on those areas

Interesting thread. I've always done face down, backs of legs, back, tops of arms, turnover, font of legs and feet, arms and hands, neck and shoulder, scalp massage to end. I used to do face but find it messes up peoples make-up.

Recently i've had a few messages that start head/neck, arms & hands, fronts of legs, turnover, legs, back and shoulders. ( I think that was it ). At first I thought it was a bit odd, now I quite like it as i get a nice chance to relax, before the best bit ( back).

I'm thinking I might revamp my routine a bit..but knowing my memory I'll prob do half and half and miss a leg out! lol.

Seems like I'm one of few that start with the face haha! I don't like the idea of breaking contact to wash hands.

I start with face always, and cleanse the face before I go into the massage.

Face
Shoulders
Arms
Skip stomach as most my lady's would feel uncomfortable so don't do it at all now.
Legs
Feet
Turn over
Legs
Finish with 20min back massage as I feel back is best!
But each to there own :)

x x x

I'm the same. My college tutor said something about not wanting to massage someones feet and then touch their face and it stuck with me. Though the other class had a different order to their routine.

My routine now is
Decolette, top area of shoulders, face and scalp
Arms
Front of legs and feet
(turn over)
Back of legs
15 - 20 mins on the back

Obviously this can be altered to suit the client if they want to skip an area or spend more time on an area xx

I start on the feet but I wash them with got towels before starting. Back last as it's the best bit.

Latest posts

Back