Swedish Massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_B

Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently dong the Level 3 Swedish Massage course.
Just wondering how many of you provide the bottom and abdomen massage, or rather, how many of your clients go for it?
So far, it seems to be quite embarrasing for some people and most would rather leave it out. So just wondering how your clients find it?

Thanks

I always do the glutes; I do the top half with the sacrum when I'm massaging the back & the bottom half with the backs of the legs. With the amount of tension held there you can't really omit it. As for the abdomen, I always ask before I start the massage. I personally love having my stomach massaged, and as a side issue, contrary to popular belief I've never known it to cause erections in men...

As to the embarassment issue, it's something you just have to overcome. In a treatment it's a very different environment & professionalism has to win over any coyness you may have. Simply pull the towels to reveal the parts you want to massage, adjusting their underwear if needs be, in a no-nonsense approach & your client won't mind. Faff about nervously & they will! Just remember in a salon situation your stomach & arse are only exposed to the therapist and not a whole load of other students!

I agree with martin and use the same method to do the glutes. I usually ask if the client wants the abdomen area massaged though when doing the Payot massage the client is totally uncovered and the entire body is massaged as a whole, no towels or sarongs. I thought some clients would feel uncomfortable being massaged this way but I found the majority enjoyed it and found it deeply relaxing.
I think if the therapist isn't embaressed then neither will the client be.

I tend to find that men ask for back and and back of legs, if that is the case, I do the sacrum and just below their underwear leg bits.

I also do colon massage, so get clients booking JUST to have their stomachs done!

I know what you mean about it though, so its best to ask clients if they want abdomen done, and when it comes to massaging their back, as if they want it to their knicker/pant line, or would they like to lower it to expose the sacrum.

I LOVE massage on my glutes! I also do the stomach, I just run through the whole massage process with the client before I start and ask if they are happy with it. No one has ever said they didn't want a body part done. I don't do stomach on men, but do their glutes, just my personal preference and what I feel comfortable with. :hug: I do the glutes when I do the back and just pull their underwear down low, it really releases the lower back.

Hi
No one has said to me so far that they didn't want their glutes or stomach massaged, when I am doing a full body swedish. I always go through the massage routine with my client first, and ask if there are any areas that they do not want massaged for any reason.

I also haven't come across any "erection" issues with guys by massaging their abdomen, but remember when i was training, it wa staboo for a guy to have his stomach massaged (also inside leg!) for this very reason!!

Nice firm strokes, with no messing about works a treat and gives great results.

Hope this helps???!

Terry

Thanks guys, this has been very helpful and insightful! x

Latest posts

Back