Switching L&P Systems - brush?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyalLass

Reaction score
Hi all,

This may be a daft question, but I am going to be switching from Supernail to NSI acrylic systems. Now, I know that you can't mix the L&P from the two different systems, so I was wondering what you do about your brush? I clean it in fresh monomer before and after each set - however, this is obviously in the Supernail monomer - how do I get that off the brush before switching? Can I just clean my brush in the NSI monomer and then start afresh?

Thanks in advance guys!

Hi all,

This may be a daft question, but I am going to be switching from Supernail to NSI acrylic systems. Now, I know that you can't mix the L&P from the two different systems, so I was wondering what you do about your brush? I clean it in fresh monomer before and after each set - however, this is obviously in the Supernail monomer - how do I get that off the brush before switching? Can I just clean my brush in the NSI monomer and then start afresh?

Thanks in advance guys!

Ideally to avoid contamination and possible yellowing you need a new brush for your new monomer.

Oh gosh!! Thats not good! I was really looking forward to trying the NSI out tonight! :sad:

Oh well, thanks for the reply geeg.

I suppose if you aren't going to be using the Supernail monomer ever again, there is nothing to be lost from cleaning the brush in the new monomer. If it works, it works! Not an ideal option, but worth a try. xx

Latest posts

Back