T200 still spraying when off?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pebbles#1

Reaction score
My gun is spraying a fine mist of solution even when the dial is turned all the way off!!
I`ve taken the gun apart, cleaned needle etc, thought it was okay but still a fine amount coming out.
Any advice on what else I can check would be appreciated..... :confused:

My gun is spraying a fine mist of solution even when the dial is turned all the way off!!
I`ve taken the gun apart, cleaned needle etc, thought it was okay but still a fine amount coming out.
Any advice on what else I can check would be appreciated..... :confused:

I had a gun which did something very similar. Whenever I released the trigger it still continued to spray. Not all the time, but usually started by the time I got to my 2nd tan. I had it replaced as it was faulty. Thankfully the fault showed up during my training.
Is it still under warranty?

it sounds to me as if the tip of the needle may have broken off hence it is not sealing the airway and is behaving as if the trigger is still depressed, it does happen with these machines,:irked::irked:
the needle should be just poking through the nozzle a small way if it isnt then thats your problem:lol::lol:
you have 2 options either get the gun replaced if its still in warranty or have the needle re ground/seated
I have devised a way of regrinding the needle tips using a mechanical darts sharpener :idea: I have done a few geeks t200 repairs and the bent/broken needle is one of the most common probs

Thanks for your replies. The tip of the needle does poke out of the end still. The gun is 8 months old. If I can`t resolve it I`ll have to give the suplier a call. I always clean the gun immediately, on one occasion I left it an hour between sprays (without cleaning it through), so I thought that might have caused the problem, so I stripped it down and gave it a thorough clean, but sadly this doesn`t seem to have helped. So maybe it was a coincidence it started doing this at that time :irked:

Thanks for your replies. The tip of the needle does poke out of the end still. The gun is 8 months old. If I can`t resolve it I`ll have to give the suplier a call. I always clean the gun immediately, on one occasion I left it an hour between sprays (without cleaning it through), so I thought that might have caused the problem, so I stripped it down and gave it a thorough clean, but sadly this doesn`t seem to have helped. So maybe it was a coincidence it started doing this at that time :irked:

Its always wise to contact your supplier first as if you start adjusting things yourself it could well invalidate any guarantee....give them a call and ask them to try and assist you first.

If they wont....and just a long shot ....but....try loosening with a pair of long nose pliers,the little brass nut that sits over the pin as it enters the plastic part of the gun.

Just a little as to much will cause it to leek

Do try your supplier first though

HTH :hug:

I agree with collin if the needle is poking through then the gland seal nut maybe over tightened stopping the needle going all the way home

Hi Collin,
I`ve checked everything on the machine as instructed in the maintenance manual.
Hubbys just had a look, put it back together, and it seems okay :rolleyes:
who needs a man!!
How long should a needle last? He did suggest I might be due for a new one. Also, is a service pack available? Finally, what oil/lube can be used?

Hi Collin,
I`ve checked everything on the machine as instructed in the maintenance manual.
Hubbys just had a look, put it back together, and it seems okay :rolleyes:
who needs a man!!
How long should a needle last? He did suggest I might be due for a new one. Also, is a service pack available? Finally, what oil/lube can be used?

Needles if your lucky should outlast the gun...just be careful with it that you don't drop it when removing it etc.

I use WD40 when servicing guns...spray all metal...acts as a cleaner and a lube as well as will help keep limescale build up off the metal parts.
Some prefer to use light oil...something like a sewing machine oil...comes in a tiny can with a red nozzle...2 in 1 I think its called.
Some companies also sell lubes but you can use either of the above.

HTH and .....see us hubbies have our uses hey LOL :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Thanks all for the help......... for one awful minute I thought I would have to cancel the xmas bookings :cry: but we seem to be back in action :hug:

Latest posts

Back