Taboo against men having long, polished nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your nails are lovely too

I would love it if you came to me! Half my female clients nails are minging and neglected, would be a pleasure to do yours!

Newest picture of my nails...

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,402
I'm literally sat here with chipped polish staring at my phone green with envy 😂 they're so beautiful & look so strong!! I've done quite a few guys in salons so don't ever be worried about going into a salon cause chances are you won't be the techs first male! x

Wow! Amazing.... And so neat! Do you paint then yourself!?

Your nails must be so strong if you're able to grow and keep them that long so good for you :) if you want to grow and paint your nails then that's your choice and don't be put off by the small minded few.
I remember my friends nephew was looking at my nails and said he would like to have his nails painted (orange and yellow) and his mum and my friend just laughed it off, I wanted to get my polishes out! I said to my friend if a guy wants to paint his nails, pluck his eyebrows and have spray tans then why shouldn't he? Imagine it was the other way around and it wasn't considered 'normal' (whatever that is) for women to do those things

My god you put my hands and nails to shame!! I am also a little envious of your hands/ nails. They rock!!! Xxx

Hi there. I'm male and from a small city called Leicester. I've been having acrylic and gel overlays for ten years now. My obsession for nails started at an early age also. When I was 15 I was a bit gothic or (emo) as the youth of today call it. Nail polish was how I spoke my feelings with out saying a word. I used to go to school with just the pinkies painted but at the weekends would remove all traces so my parents wouldn't see them.
I started off with the marylin Manson obligatory goth black and purple. But when I went to goth clubs would go to town with transfers all over them. One night I went out with press studs glued on to them.
As a young man I became friends with a lot of male nail techs on the gay scene and we would all go clubbing with nails done, I'm talking really good looking men with fluorescent glow in the dark nail extensions that were amazing under black lights.
Now days I have gel polish to strengthen my nails due to my job. Currently I have a fresh pink on my nails but I still felt a bit uneasy on the bus today when giving the driver my money.
I really don't care weather people like me or my nails but sometimes people can be abusive which is not nice.
I love my nails and doing nails on others.
Stick by your guns mate. I think if you choose the right salon, they will treat you just the same as any other client. Be proud of your nails and don't be put off going into a nail salon.

My nails are relatively short and always have been but I've always made them stand out but as a hairdresser and nail tech I suppose I can pull it off with no questions asked.

Wow! Amazing.... And so neat! Do you paint then yourself!?

I used to, and sometimes still do, but my new girlfriend, who, as it happens, is a nail tech who I met during my first visit to a salon recently, has been painting them.

I'm male, and I too like to grow and take of my nails. Though a lot of people assume otherwise, I'm straight as well. I just really love the look and feel of long nails. Occasionally, if I'm feeling brave, I'll go out wearing subtle polishes, but mostly I keep them natural. A lot of people think it's weird but I just ignore them. It's the 21st century and equal rights should be a two way street.

Here are some pictures of my nails:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,123
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 882
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,337
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 2,527
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,485
I am really jealous. .. I have always loved long nails but unfortunately even with being a qualified nail tech I still cant grow my nails long due to medication im on but would love nails like urs.. I jave to spent 1hr every other week to hav nails like urs... so if u enjoy having long nails bugger what any1 else thinks... I love em x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Newest picture of my nails...

You are so lucky to have such gorgeous nails and hands, and I love the colour.
I can just imagine the nail art you could do on your nails, hours of fun.
I am soooo envious.

Beautiful nails ! So manicured ! But I have to say I wouldn't want my fella wearing long nails xx

What fabulous nails you have :biggrin: i would die for natural nails like that, but mine split and peel when a certain length. :sad: Be proud of them, you don't have clumsy butch hairy type manly hands which is why i think they look so great, and really well maintained. well done and thanks for sharing :Love:

I am a straight guy who likes having long polished nails too. My wife is fully supportive.

Some pictures of my nails from over the years:

Attachments

• nagelsh_2000_04.jpg
    nagelsh_2000_04.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 772
  • nagelsh_2002_04.jpg
    nagelsh_2002_04.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 929
  • nagelsh_2006_01.jpg
    nagelsh_2006_01.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 779
Sorry but my opinion is a no no! If my fiance came home with this nails like this I would not be happy. Just me! glad you've plucked up the confidence to wear your nails the way you like them! Xxx

Beleza Beauty ♡

It's so refreshing to hear that more heterosexual men are enjoying long nails.
It was only a matter of time before nail enhancement reached mail grooming. I for one welcome it. Men have been waring make up for years and had hair colouration and have even worked their way to the kitchen lol.
I understand that some may not desire a man with long nails. However it's not a no no. Everyone is entitled to where their own image. Well done for taking the plunge.
As a person who is attracted to stereotypical rugged men. I would not be put off by long painted nails as it doesn't measure a mans masculinity.
A real man stands up for what the believe. So well done!! 😄😄😄😄

Eddie Izzard is a well dressed man... He wears whatever he likes, looks pretty spiffy and demands respect. When I went to his show in my city (Canada) recently he stopped the show until a heckler was removed from the auditorium for commenting rudely about his makeup and attire.
If anyone gives YOU a hard time... you can choose to not offer them or talents at work or your friendship. YOUR choice my friend and you wear it well!

Oh, and my OH wears polish on his toes! When I started I needed the practice with pedicures and he was all too willing. He had to get the polish too and he continues to wear it today when I still take care of his feet for him. He wears silver, blue, yellow, green and I made water slide decals with the Yamaha tuning forks logo as we have Yamaha snowmobiles, quad and boat motor. He even wears sandals when he goes out. People look but no one questions it. He is very secure in his masculinity and doesn't care what other think.

And... I am very jealous of your nails. What's your secret? Do share as I would really like to know.

Last edited:
Back Scratch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back