Taboo against men having long, polished nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I have to say, after years of having short nails, I'm so glad I eventually plucked up the courage to grow them long and start painting them. You should have seen my mother's face when she first noticed them. She wasn't very approving at first but eventually she learned to accept it. Now we do each others nails! I still think hers are a lot more beautiful than mine though. Having long nails is so much fun! I love filing and painting them, and I can't help but tap them on hard surfaces. It drives some people crazy! I also find it slightly amusing sometimes just how shocked some people get when they first notice them, and over the last year or so I've learned to be a lot more thick skinned with people's snide remarks. I've also gotten braver with the colours I wear (I quite like wearing pinks and reds at the moment). At the end of the day, I like my nails, and if other people have a problem with it, it says more about them really... Now I just need to find a girlfriend who doesn't think it's "weird". :)
I think as has already been said - no-one in the beauty business would find this weird - and would probably love having a boyfriend with such gorgeous nails to paint. There will be someone out there for you x

Ill love to date a guy with nails like this so they can tickle my back! Haha
My boyfriends got such hard bitten fingers!
My step dad grows his little fingers long and paints them and his toes, I personally think it looks much nicer and well kept, but that's how I was brought up, he gets lots of questions x

Hi
Wow! Your nails are gorgeous!
I, personally would have no problem atall, meeting a guy who had nails like this, it's different,
If someone doesn't like it, or is mean to you because of your passion for nails, then they're not worth knowing!!
People are often very judgemental!!
I like to get glammed up every day, every single day, I love it! It's just routine for me, but people are often very cruel because of this, it's jealousy! And people sadly are often scared of the " norm"
You should pluck up the courage to go into a salon, nail technicians are very professional, and usually used to all sorts of weird and wonderful people : )
Kate x

Thanks! I try to take care of them, let's just say, and I will definitely be visiting a salon soon!

A few more pictures...

Attachments

• peet032_2.jpg
    peet032_2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,469
  • peet041_2.jpg
    peet041_2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 4,625
  • peet042_2.jpg
    peet042_2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,606
Go for it! :) We used to have lots of men come in to the nail salon I used to work in, one in particular that had nails just like yours, he was happly married with two kids, he fast became one of my favorite clients as he was a very creative arty type person and was always up for something a bit different. He was never judged not even by our other regular clients that used to ohhh & ahhh over his wonderful strong nails.

All that we need to do now is to get you using professional polishes!

Any brands in particular you'd recommend?

Yes .....

CND VINYLUX ... Polish has been re-invented with Vinylux. Needs no base coat as its own adhesion promoters form a barrier between the polish and the nails. Dries in just 8.5 minutes (really dry) .. A professional finish .. amazingly shiny VinyluxTop Coat (whjich must be used with the colour) and which hardens in natural light over the 7 day wear for extra durability. I thought I'd posted all this earlier. :D
It's the latest and only polish innovation since 1920 when polish (paint) was first used on nails.

And (I will answer for Lynne) ... :) I know she loves VINYLUX and uses it in her beautiful salon.

Firstly wow! I am loving your nails! I wish mine could grow like that! You lucky guy!

Secondly I had to giggle at Lynne's comment but she is so right, you need one of us geeks to show you how gorgeous your nails would look with Shellac or Vinylux! (Just my personal preference, no offence to all the other options out there)

I would love to get my hands on your nails and Shellac them up! I definitely think accent rockstar fingers would look absolutely stunning!

As for people and their silly comments, I find that very small minded in this day and age.

So get yourself into a salon and get those gorgeous nails professionally done, and make sure you make them as loud as possible just to show them off ;) xx

Good lord your nails are beautiful! Are you painting them yourself? I give you mad props on the even application. I've worked along side nail techs who struggle so bad with polishing long nails that aren't even half as long as your's. Please do not ever be too shy to walk into a salon to have them professionally pampered. I can guarantee you you'll get the same oohs and ahhs.

Most nail techs would kill to get their hands on nails like yours! Please never be afraid to go into a salon! Have you ever considered training up and becoming a nail technician yourself?

Fab nails wish mine would grow like that. There is a male nail tech where I live and I saw him in the co-op and just stood in the queue behind him staring at his gorgeous long nails. I really wish I'd approached him cos they were lovely but I'm really shy until I get to know people. Apart from at work when I chatter away to clients lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Just wow. I wish you were my client! I would paint the underside too, you know, the louboutin nail?

I am so sorry you are facing negativity. I am sure it is ignorance...people are afraid of things they do not understand.

Personally I think they look lovely. I would give my eye teeth to be able to wear nails this length but I simply cannot. As I am looking at them I just see a fabulous blank canvas for amazing nail art. I am sure any professional technician would love to see you....I know I would and I am just starting out......but nail art is definitely my thing (just wish more people would go for it).

From the things you say I would be interested to see mums nails too....

Oh I love your nails, they are gorgeous!
My husband has let me do his nails when I was training, if only he had your beautiful nails, it would have been a dream :)

Lovely nails but please please would someone grab the OP n rockstar him lol can u imagine that length in rockstar.... Heaven :)
Anyone/anything that doesn't conform to the 'norm' is going to meet resistance unfortunately :( but then who wants to be 'normal'!!
Besides if anyone disapproves.... Just give them the finger.... A very long one lol

Lovely nails but please please would someone grab the OP n rockstar him lol can u imagine that length in rockstar.... Heaven :)
Anyone/anything that doesn't conform to the 'norm' is going to meet resistance unfortunately :( but then who wants to be 'normal'!!
Besides if anyone disapproves.... Just give them the finger.... A very long one lol

Lol! Totally agree!
I have been thinking what colours would look best ever since I read this thread! Think the rock star finger would have to be in gold ;-) lol !!! X

We have several men who have manis and/or pedis & have their fingers/toes painted. Some are gay, trans or straight! In my opinion everyone has a 'thing', yours is nails & varnish, you're not harming anyone! Both my therapists are 19 & neither have a judgemental bone in their bodies, they just do as asked & make their client feel comfortable :) x

Can we get some crystals on them?You could model them. Paul O'Grady was the legs on Pretty Polly tights for a long time, so you could be the nails of CND or something :) x

I find it annoying......mainly because men's nails are so strong and just like the look of yours they never break!!! Ever!! Mine akways break. Pure jealousy from my part.
Lovely nails :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back