Take a look at this blog .. what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosy cheeks

Reaction score
Just though id share this with you that i found on Facebook Nails mag.. Would be interesting to hear views on this..

Read Carefully

I'm not a violent person but......... *evil grin*

It's just plain ripping clients off and the techs who do things right! I can't believe how uneducated people are and whatever products you use fail to see you can't play chemist!
It's not difficult to understand why you need to use a system really.

It's these idiots that give the industry a bad name as like we all know most clients don't pay attention and would have no clue the steps or products involved and will be simply telling friends etc "don't have x done its rubbish " when they are allergic and it lasted about 10 mins. How can you be considered any better than a 'discount salon ' when you are following similar practices and conning clients in the same way?

Right off to find the vallium... :Scared:

Last edited:
I just had to leave a comment... That is just awful!!!
I had a client come in for shellac this week, and she had already had "Gelations" on, so obviously i soaked them off first.. the shellac way!! But instead of it only being a quick five minute job, it took me and another member of staff 40 minutes to scrape them off !!! They really ruined her nails aswell, she might as well have just worn acrylics!!!

xx

I am a firm believer that everyone has the right to choose the products they use in the business, but the person who wrote this article, I feel, does not get the concept of shellac. I also offer Gelish alongside Shellac, but never mix and match the systems. I use shellac base and top coat for Shellac customers and I use Gelish base and top coats for Gelish customers. As to Scrubfresh, there are alot of alternatives on the market and I think you have to find the one that suits you the best, as with all the products every nail tech/beautician uses.
I think it was unfair of the blogger to comment about CND's requirements, when registering their business with them. They have worked long and hard to become a registered Trademark. Their name is well known and well respected throughout the nail industry, and why should they not expect techs to use their products when they are applying Shellac. Sorry but it makes perfect sense to me. They have also spent years developing products that work in conjunction with each other.
Anyway that is only my view and opinions, and everyone is entitled to their own :Love:

I just had to leave a comment... That is just awful!!!

I had a client come in for shellac this week, and she had already had "Gelations" on, so obviously i soaked them off first.. the shellac way!! But instead of it only being a quick five minute job, it took me and another member of staff 40 minutes to scrape them off !!! They really ruined her nails aswell, she might as well have just worn acrylics!!!

xx

Why don't you use Scrubfresh?

This 'person' or piece of pond life (in the nail world) is a perfect example of the know-it-all, "bathtub chemist" type of nail tech who just makes herself look as ignorant as she is in this shameful blog ...

Unfortunately she will have allot of support (from the ones who want to hear exactly what she is saying for their own validation because they are doing the same things) as there are so many other ignorant uneducated ones, like her, around.

This article is not about brand loyalty or the right to buy whatever products one want to buy ... it is about sneering at anyone who chooses to be brand loyal, it is about sneering at every respected expert in our industry, it is about sneering at upholding any kind of standards, it is about sneering at health & safety precautions, it is sneering at good education and it is about disrespecting each and every one of her clients and saying to everyone, "You know what? Screw you, I know better!!"

So she is getting what she wants; a big Response from the likes of you and me, but she hasn't half made herself look an absolute idiot as well as a seriously bad nail technician. But why should she care .. her clients know no better so why should she care? If that is the kind of nail tech you are then you will like this blog .. if not, you will feel like I do.

Last edited:
To be honest I don't think there is anything wrong with it, she is entitled to her opinion I guess. Just because other people swear by a brand doesn't mean everyone should follow it. In a business it is about what works best for both you and your client and in this case Shellac was not that product. I don't think there is any reason to speculate how terrible the blog is as it is merely an opinion on a product that in reality not every single nail tech in the world will fall in love with. It is like any brand/ product really. It could be argued that ignorance is the that the nail tech genuinley does not like the brand/product yet everyone who uses it is going to gasp with shock. If your business is booming using it and yoy love it then dont worry what other people think.

Last edited:
Unprofessional salons/ tech like this will soon find themselves at a disadvantage! CND are launching a program to ensure clients they are going to salons using the FULL system. coming soon to the UK via Sweet Squared :biggrin:

Is Your Salon Shellac Certified?

This 'person' or piece of pond life (in the nail world) is a perfect example of the know-it-all, "bathtub chemist" type of nail tech who just makes herself look as ignorant as she is in this shameful blog ...

Unfortunately she will have allot of support (from the ones who want to hear exactly what she is saying for their own validation) as there are so many other ignorant uneducated ones, like her, around.

In agreement, just a shame as these type of people harm us professionals xx

Opinions are great, however promoting potentially unsafe mixing of products is not.

I think you're right Shezler and this tech just does not understand the concept of Shellac or differentiate that it is unique and in a seperate realm to all the 'Gel Polishes' it is not a gel polish even if it wears like one. The no etching of the natural nail plate is what does it for me and my clients, even hardened acrylic girls are coming round to the idea of growing strong beautiful natural nails with the help of Shellac and solar oil.

Don't give this woman anymore of your time or energy, forget it and move on.

To be honest I don't think there is anything wrong with it, she is entitled to her opinion I guess. Just because other people swear by a brand doesn't mean everyone should follow it. In a business it is about what works best for both you and yiur client and in this case Shellac was not that product. I don't think there is any reason to speculate how terrible the blog is as it is merely an opinion on a product that in reality not every single nail tech in the world will fall in love with.

Of course not! If you prefer another brand use it! But don't con your clients into thinking they are getting one thing (whatever you use) and then use another

I dont agree with conning clients definately not, my post refers to product opionion only I certainly think client loyalty/trust is most important. Incase anybody reads my post the wrong way lol

Apologies Feevis I didn't mean 'you' personally con your clients huni :hug:

To be honest I don't think there is anything wrong with it, she is entitled to her opinion I guess. Just because other people swear by a brand doesn't mean everyone should follow it. In a business it is about what works best for both you and your client and in this case Shellac was not that product. I don't think there is any reason to speculate how terrible the blog is as it is merely an opinion on a product that in reality not every single nail tech in the world will fall in love with. It is like any brand/ product really. It could be argued that ignorance is the that the nail tech genuinley does not like the brand/product yet everyone who uses it is going to gasp with shock. If your business is booming using it and yoy love it then dont worry what other people think.

This article is not about Shellac or brand loyalty at all ... Read into it and think about what she is really saying (but using Shellac to do it) read my post above.

[/COLOR]

Of course not! If you prefer another brand use it! But don't con your clients into thinking they are getting one thing (whatever you use) and then use another

We need a 'like' button on here!

The ire at her blog is not that she doesn't worship Shellac, each to their own, but that she is not understanding how different it is to gel polish, it is important that clients understand this and if techs don't understand or bother explaining then we're fighting an uphill battle! (although I'd love a few primary colours so I can do more art).

I can understand that she may be "sneering" and thinking she knows best ie not using the product properly with scrubfresh but I don't feel the post needs to speculate scrutiny or mock her either. If she is doing it wrong and feels that she doesnt need a professional service then some other nail tech will have a whole new batch of new clients. When I read the blog the main thing which came to my attention was her lack of liking the product, even if she never used it properly but everybody reads and takes things differently hence my comment above.

Apologies Feevis I didn't mean 'you' personally con your clients huni :hug:

Oh no I know you never meant me lol, see how easy it is to read things the wrong way lol I can see this post possibly turning a bit sour lol

I have to add in that im on my iphone keep having to amend typo errors so apologies if I miss any. Dont like typing on this phone much

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree, it's all about her thinking she knows better than years of research and actually kind of proves she knows nothing.
Just hope her clients become wise to it.

I think if it was just a blog about not liking shellac nobody would have paid any attention.... she is, as you say, entitled to like or dislike any product she wants.

The problem with the blog, which goes out to lots of nail techs, new and old, experienced or still training, is that she pretty much says that CND are wrong for trying to encourage their customers to use the correct lamp, scrubfresh etc... which is the complete Shellac system. Its actively giving poor info, which to newly trained techs could lead to a lot issues.

For the record, I dont use Shellac, I use a gel polish brand which i love and which I use correctly :hug: xxx

I think if it was just a blog about not liking shellac nobody would have paid any attention.... she is, as you say, entitled to like or dislike any product she wants.

The problem with the blog, which goes out to lots of nail techs, new and old, experienced or still training, is that she pretty much says that CND are wrong for trying to encourage their customers to use the correct lamp, scrubfresh etc... which is the complete Shellac system. Its actively giving poor info, which to newly trained techs could lead to a lot issues.

For the record, I dont use Shellac, I use a gel polish brand which i love and which I use correctly :hug: xxx

I honestly really think that her blog has been taking the wrong way. I genuine don't think she has meant to post it to sound "ignorant" towards CND although I can see why people are not happy with her blog. I have read it and understood it in the sense that it is more costly/more hassle for her to use it when clients just want long lasting nails. Ok using it properly will result in long lasting nails but I don't think her post is meant to sound the way it has came across.

when she refers to clients not knowing the difference and just wanting longer lasting nails, this doesn't mean to say she is slapping on any product and claiming it to be something else, but I think people are taking it that way. I think she is meaning that whether or not she is using Shellac or Gel polish clients want their nails to last and that she is not getting that effect from Shellac, however, this is very much, more than likely due to incorrect procedure.

With regards to the signing up process I have read it on the understanding that it is a bit long winded etc, but why wouldn't it be, you can't just sign a dotted line and hey presto you can use Shellac without having read terms, conditions etc. I also see that people have agreed below the post some of which whom have trained with CND.

I honestly just think it's been taken all the wrong way, my interpretation will differ greatly from someone else reading it but that's just my opinion on it. It has circulated interest though which I guess was the reason in posting in the first place.

Latest posts

Back