Tanning men - Nouvatan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatherstonRose

Reaction score
Good Evening Geeks

Today I did a Nouvatan spray tan for a male friend, who is quite hairy.

Anyway I had problems seeing the guide colour and went over him quite a few times so that I hopefully have not missed anywhere. I used 8% as this is his first spray tan and he is light to medium skinned.

I know that no matter whatever the percentage, they still have the same guide colour and I went upwards with the gun to lift the hair for the tan to go on.

I used about 50ml in the end, do you think it was because he was hairy?
Or maybe I was working too fast and needed to alter the setting on the gun?

I have not been trained long and only done women up to now and they have been fine.

Any thoughts? x

Last edited:
Didn't want to read and run I trained with Nouvatan just a few minths ago an sprayed my partner he is very hairy and they said not to worry bout the hair ignore its there hope this helps

Thanks Mobilemartine, will give that a go next time.
Luckily he is a friend, so it is not so important, but would like to get it right for the future. x

I just spray guys as normal, it does get through, unless he is a little chimp! How has it turned out? You sound like me, worrying over nothing! Its good to be like that though, it shows we care xxx

It doesn't look too bad actually BeautifiClaire, just his calfs which seem a bit lighter.

Just need to gain confidence by practising on him! I am a perfectionist so it will bug me until I get it spot on!!! x

Pleased it turned out well ;) keep going my other half won't let me carry on tanning him he is security at the local hospital an the guys gave him a hard time bout it lol x

Sounds like you did everything just fine :) you'll have just used more solutions as you went over him a few times.

Angling the spray up if they are hairy is right. The only other thing you have to remember if they are bald or have a shaved head is to remember to spray all round their head and especially dont forget the top of their head.

Sounds to me like you did a fab job for your first go though x

Thanks Mobilemartine & Beautychic, I will keep praticing! :D x

Latest posts

Back