Tanning parties - do you give incentives?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkangel

Reaction score
Hi - I'm booked for my first tanning party this weekend - whoopeee! I am doing 6 ladies, plus the hostess who is getting hers for free (seems to be standard procedure).

But I wondered whether any of you who do these parties ever offer an incentive to get a booking for another party on the night? (aka Virgin Vie stylee) Obviously the hostess would get theirs free over a certain number, but do you offer anything else to encourage them to book that night?

I did think I would have some leaflets detailing some of my other treatments and have special voucher offers for those booked on the night, but as for the party bookings, I'm a little stumped!

Also - do you do a draw, raffle or anything similar?

As it's my first, any advice would be appreciated - even if it's general advice about what not to do!!!:eek:

Thanks in advance:hug:

hiya, well done, i'm hoping to start tanning parties soon, and i used to be a dreaded body shop at home consultant, with regard to incentives i think the free tan is good enough, it gives them an excuse for a social and a couple glasses of wine. i used to offer loads of incentives and it all got a bit hectic, keep it simple less stress for you hun
esther xxx

im with esther i think the free tan is enough - im sure you will do a fantastic job they will have great fun and that will be enough incentive for them to book another!!
just to be nosey - what machine/booth ect do you have?? as i am mobile and want to start doing spray tanning parties but am unsure of what equipment ect to get??

thanks tori xx

Thanks guys - will stick with that and see how I get on.

I use the Spray Tan Cubicle Co pop up cubicle and minimist machine - both fab and I would highly recommend them. I did my training with them last year and haven't looked back. It's been a popular treatment and I love doing it too!

:hug:

as an incentive i would offer a discount for all the hosts guests if they book you to do their tan at a later date.
also i wuold take along products for extra sales. try before you buy type thing. it is a must to take along leaflets detailing any other treatments you may offer.
good luck

Again im looking to do tanning parties - but am linking in with a friend who i know is doing VIrgin Parties. We are going halves on advertising etc & and from what we have looked at so far - Virgin or Sun Spa have no problems with it. I was going to say three tans on the night - hostess Free or two tans £10 off or one tan £5 off. With these things i think you have to give it a go & see what happens...... hope for the best ! Dont know until you try.

Im not sure how much to charge each person, was thinking that its normally £25 in shop, so ill charge £15-18 on the night. 10% off future bookings that night only. Obviously hostess free depending on number of tans thats night.

Im new at it all as it is - but want to start a slight income from it now, as the system cost quite a bit.

Sue x

HI im in the same situation as you hopefully going to start them in mid march i think were going to do 6 ladies pay £20 for a tan and the hostess gets hers free!

Latest posts

Back