Tanning prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLovesTanning

Tanning ❤️
Reaction score
How do I price properly in Dublin as there are girls on gumtree charging only €10 ???

I'm interested in this too! Same on laois

I'd say €15 - 20 depends on the brand. Not many people go to gum tree looking for a tan though do they? Totally cheapening the service and product they are using!

I'd say €15 - 20 depends on the brand. Not many people go to gum tree looking for a tan though do they? Totally cheapening the service and product they are using!
I know it's really annoying cause being a tan tech for 6 years now having trained with most brands and I'm lowering my prices to compete with these... and I do not use cheap products either but no clients ever ask what products I use...

Dont compete with the cheap ones. They might be rubbish and they are prob using inferior tanning solution. Don't you have a tanning page on Facebook? You can state your prices and products on it. Let the cheap ones crack on. I'd never look In gumtree for a tan. I'd google my area and the Facebook pages will come up .

One salon in my area uses the same solution as me and charges €15...

Obviously us being tan techs we know not to look on Gumtree for a tan but clients don't...that's what takes our clients... I was thinking of making business cards or something...

I have a Facebook page and come up first on google in my area. I cards but rarely give them
Out as mine is mostly recommendations from clients to their friends. How do you advertise at the mo ?

Word of mouth also. I feel like everyone is jumping on a tan bed now lol

Yes they are but lots of people get bored of it and arn't mobile.

You could maybe run a June offer or give a discount if they come in with your business card. I also offer a loyalty card whereby the 10th tan is free. And for my regular ones every 5th tan is free. Don't undervalue yourself. People will notice a difference going g to you as you will provide them with proper pre tan instructions and aftercare advice. There are a lot of people out there who want quality and are willi g to pay for it.

I don't offer any offers except if there were more than 5 girls I'd offer the host a free tan. I have a main job as a support worker in a hostel so that helps. [emoji4]

Hi is creative tan professional solution 12% any good? Thanks :)
Dont compete with the cheap ones. They might be rubbish and they are prob using inferior tanning solution. Don't you have a tanning page on Facebook? You can state your prices and products on it. Let the cheap ones crack on. I'd never look In gumtree for a tan. I'd google my area and the Facebook pages will come up .
Hi

I've never heard of that tan. Sorry.

I charge £20 for a mobile spray tan and I use St Tropez & Nouvatan. There's lots of competition around me though using different brands charging from £10, £12 and £15. I stick to my prices and try to offer a good service and it's convenient to them being at home. I wouldn't try and compete it's not worth it if you're not making any profit x

I charge £20 too. Wouldn't go any lower.

I've just increased to £22 and that's been no problem

There no point in charging lower than €20 cause there will always be competition around and you are going to be constantly looking over your shoulder. I am staying at €20 cause I believe I am worth it and these girls charging €10 are probably beginners or some sh*t.

I'm gonna put an as in the paper see what happens!

I charge £20 for a mobile spray tan and I use St Tropez & Nouvatan. There's lots of competition around me though using different brands charging from £10, £12 and £15. I stick to my prices and try to offer a good service and it's convenient to them being at home. I wouldn't try and compete it's not worth it if you're not making any profit x

I started advertising St.Tropez thinking maybe being a well known brand people will be lining up to get it lol... But was I wrong... I can't understand why tho... and it was expensive

I started advertising St.Tropez thinking maybe being a well known brand people will be lining up to get it lol... But was I wrong... I can't understand why tho... and it was expensive

I trained with St Tropez so started out offering just that at first. I've added Nouvatan this year as some clients didn't like St Tropez or there wasn't enough colour choice for them. I've still got clients that will only have St Tropez but most (including me) now have Nouvatan! I love it x

Latest posts

Back