Tanning Solutions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky_1992

Reaction score
i just did my tanning course yesterday with tantruth but im not sure if i like there products as you cant see where your spraying, im thinking of using sienna x as ive had that on me before but just going to get one bottle for the minute so does anyone know roughly what is the most common percentage in that 1? i was thinking 10?
Please let me know as im ordering today

Think im going to get 2 different percentage solutions, so any suggestions??

I would go for an 8% and a 10% I also have 12% and 12.5% but i rarely use the 12 and 12.5%

I use Sienna x tanning solutions

i also use sienna and i would def say 8 and 10% they go on everyone and come out a beautiful colour.

ok thankyou both :) just didnt want to get the higher ones cause i think theyd come out too dark, i had the 8% on me before and it came out a nice color so think i will go for the 8 & 10, thankyou again :D x

You could go for 8% and 12% and then you are able to mix 50/50 of each to get 10%.
Just incase you would like a darker tan as well for over the party season xx

You could go for 8% and 12% and then you are able to mix 50/50 of each to get 10%.
Just incase you would like a darker tan as well for over the party season xx

can you actually mix the 8% and 12% to get 10%?
never thought of that, but thought the 12% would be too dark anyway?xx

You can mix as long as it's same make solution but generally not a good idea you might not get the mix correct and end up with a patchy tan!!

ahh yeahh true, i may just get the 8% and the 10% cause they seem pretty dark anyways then if need be get the 12% later on x

My most popular are 10 and 12, hardly ever do 8!!! The 12 more than the 10 too!!! I dont know if that's just cos I am in essex lol!!!

I do more 10% and 12% but the one I'm really using lots of is my Rapid solution

You can mix as long as it's same make solution but generally not a good idea you might not get the mix correct and end up with a patchy tan!!

Not sure how it would cause a patchy tan if they are the same solutions, but different strengths :|.
As long as you shake the 2 bottles before mixing the worst that can happen is that it may not be exactly 50/50, this would only effect how dark it is.
xx

exactly so you would end up with dark and light patchy tan!!! best thing to do is try and make sure you have enough of the %'s u require. I dont like to mix and give my client half measures I would rather have the correct % to spray thus making sure the tan is as good as it can be after all I have my reputation to think about

I hardly think the tan would be both light and dark if mixed together lol. It's really not that complicated.
For some people who are just starting out, they can't all afford to buy every solution strength that a company has. This is a cost effective way of doing things to get started, and certainly isn't cheating or short changing the client. Yes it isn't ideal, but it certainly won't give a patchy tan. There are lots of people on here that do this when starting out.
xx

I mainly use 8% & 10%. If I need to go darker, I add some booster drops. I have, on the odd occasion mixed 8 & 10 together to make 9% & the outcome has been as good at the original single colour. No patchiness or discolouration...

ahh yeahh true, i may just get the 8% and the 10% cause they seem pretty dark anyways then if need be get the 12% later on x

I started out using 10% i think it is a good starting base (personally for myself and my clients 8% is a waste of money), i would recommend if you decide to go with Sienna x ( i fully recommend them) that you ask for a sample of the 12, depending on what size sample they give you, ( i have had several sample sizes some of which i have got 4 sprays out of) you if could use this as a back up if a client should want a darker Tan - my clients all love 12% and 16% which sienna x suggest for body builders / dancers but it isn't nearly as scarlily dark as the description would suggest, my bf is a body builder and it isn't dark enough for him lol :) DEFO get as many samples as you can ! xox

Not sure how it would cause a patchy tan if they are the same solutions, but different strengths :|.
As long as you shake the 2 bottles before mixing the worst that can happen is that it may not be exactly 50/50, this would only effect how dark it is.
xx
have to agree with gen on this i always buy 8% and 12% and i mix up my own 10% i have never had a patchy tan :| some companies try to sell every percentage and dont endorse 50 50 mixing
i use nouvatan and they told me i only needed to buy 2 litres an 8 and 12 to get 3 strengths as a 50/50 mix is a 10%
Its my belief that this is the case with all solutions ?

Latest posts

Back