Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmax147

Gemmax91
Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for some advice... I've used several tanning solutions on a client in various shades but she keeps going an orangey colour, she is quite pale skinned. Does anyone have help or advice. Thanks

Good Morning Gemma,

What strength is the DHA in the solutions you spraying on the client? Orange tones can sometimes occur if the the solution being sprayed is too dark for the skin type; this causes artificial colours to be thrown off. Another option would be to opt for a violet based tan; violet based tans develop into a cool, ashy tone as opposed to green based tans which achieve a warm, golden tone. A violet based tan might be worth a try; you just need to be careful as sometimes a violet based tan can look grey on fairer skin types.

MT x

Good Morning Gemma,

What strength is the DHA in the solutions you spraying on the client? Orange tones can sometimes occur if the the solution being sprayed is too dark for the skin type; this causes artificial colours to be thrown off. Another option would be to opt for a violet based tan; violet based tans develop into a cool, ashy tone as opposed to green based tans which achieve a warm, golden tone. A violet based tan might be worth a try; you just need to be careful as sometimes a violet based tan can look grey on fairer skin types.

MT x
Hi thanks for replying. I have used 6% 8% and 10% in sienna X and light and medium in the suntana. Thanks for that, could you tell me wat brand contains the ash please? It's worth a try.

How much solution are you using per tan? Maybe your spraying too much solution onto the skin, this can make any percent solution look bad.

How much solution are you using per tan? Maybe your spraying too much solution onto the skin, this can make any percent solution look bad.
It doesn't look bad, its just giving off an orangy look an she wants it natural looking. I put in 50ml

Try Suntana's Coconut Light tan, The cherry has more red pigment in where as the Coconut is lower DHA and more golden ;)

Try a golden solution over a brown look then if she's wanting a more natural look. LA Fast is nice and natural looking and Novatan's solutions all give a natural golden tan too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back