tantricks tan gone patchy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
hi there

I have just started to use the tanticks solutions and i sprayed my sister with 10% 7 days ago. She looked so good and she had loads of comments about how natural her tan was, i also took bookings next week. My problem is she has gone so patchy now it looks terrible after 9 days i told her to jump in the shower and exfloiate. She lives with me so she has followed it by the book, how do i get the tan to fade natural not patchy. Please help i have clients next week and they have booked in before they go away on there hols.

if she didnt exfoliate for 9 days then this will be your problem. i always advise to moisturise at least twice a day after tan has been applied and exfoliate every 3 days to ensure the tan fades evenly. also check what products she uses on her skin daily eg shower gel, moisturiser as some products can strip the tan leaving you looking patchy.
hth xx

I second everything KatieA has said. moisturising everyday is a must, aswell as a light exfo every 3-4 days. Ensure shower gels etc do not contain SLS to avoid it drying the skin and stripping some of the tan.

I agree with what has already been said, but i would like to add that i find after about a week the tan goes patchy despite moisturising and gentle exfoliation no matter what brand of tan. It can depend on the persons skin, some people shed skin cells faster than others. Also, I find that i get a left with a dark band around my body where my bra goes, this takes ages to fade.
This is just me personally though, not everybody will have this problem!
xx:hug:xx

Hi Tracey

Just read your thread and my advice would be to use an 8% solution on your sister next time you tan her. Sometimes if the percentage of the dha within any solution is too strong for the skin type or is over applied it can result in patchiness.

With a light application of the correct solution, the tan should just wear off very naturally.

Please give us a call and we'll have a chat about how you go about selecting the correct solutions for your clients skin types to ensure everyone enjoys their tans from start to finish.

Kind regards

Mandy

hi there

i will try the 8% on her next time, the only reason i used the 10% was because she had been abroad and had a good base tan already. If i have any problems next time i will give you a ring. Thanks for all your advice.

Latest posts

Back