Tape extension nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toyababy89

Reaction score
I’ve fitted three clients full head tapes and they’re all coming out after one wash!

My application is fine, slices are neat, fine, I clamp the tapes together, the hairs clean and the clients are following the correct after care.

If feels like the beauty works tapes aren’t sticky enough! Anyone else or just me?!

You need to heat seal with straighteners for a couple of seconds on a low heat

Maybe retape them all then you’ll no if it’s been a fault with the tape on the actual extension x

Did you wash their hair before you applied it?

Yes I did, is that not allowed? But one I didn’t and it’s still happened to her x
Yes should be clarified to get all of the oils out. And no conditioner on the root. I think maybe the beautyworks tape just wasn't working in your favour.

I trained with BW for tapes and use their hair if a clients requests it. Yes you will need to now retape them to put them back in like you would with any. This happened to me at first and although there was no mention on training that you needed to heat seal them, if you phone them and tell them your problem they will say that you need to heat seal with straighteners.

Heat sealing with straighteners is what most of us do to extra seal and shape them but it’s not imperative to the tape install. What I mean is, the tape should be strong enough to hold without the heat sealing. I would definitely have a word with BW about the strength of their tape! They should at least send u some free replacement tapes! [emoji31]

Such a nightmare, you’d think at £110 per pack the tape is the main priority and that the tape would actually tape [emoji30][emoji37]

did they wait 48 hours before washing their hair? Walkers tape is really good its worth retaping before you install them xxx

Latest posts

Back