Tape hair extensions - are they popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lady_mai

Reaction score
HI Geeks,

Just wondered if any of you use this method of hair extensions?
and if so is it popular?

Im considering training in it but want to put out the feelers to see if its worth while. Am i right in thinking this would be good for weddings and occasions? aswell as people with very fine hair?

Is protac the same as tape? im assuming so

thanks xx

I'm a big fan of the tape method, however I'm going through the trial and error process at the mo, I had the hair on for 10 weeks which obviously needed moving up.
Removed the wefts with lace wig remover but I've still got all the tape stuck in my hair lol!
Another geek suggested olive oil spray from boots to remove it.
I really need to get it out, it's such good tape it doesn't budge!

I'm a big fan of the tape method, however I'm going through the trial and error process at the mo, I had the hair on for 10 weeks which obviously needed moving up.
Removed the wefts with lace wig remover but I've still got all the tape stuck in my hair lol!
Another geek suggested olive oil spray from boots to remove it.
I really need to get it out, it's such good tape it doesn't budge!

lol this made me chuckle!! 10 weeks is good though! obviously the tape works well! connect2hair are offering this course very cheap so thinking of adding this string to my bow! I usualyy dont go for cheap courses but im assumung that this method is a simple technique anyway! ?
good look with your hair :D

Believe me it would've lasted much longer but needed moving up. It's so easy to do, you just cut the weft how you want it and sandwhich a piece of weft under the hair, and some ontop, I used the brickwork method in mine.

Believe me it would've lasted much longer but needed moving up. It's so easy to do, you just cut the weft how you want it and sandwhich a piece of weft under the hair, and some ontop, I used the brickwork method in mine.

yeh exactly! thats why i dont mind going for the cheap connect2hair course just for insurance purposes.

Can i ask if there is anywhere specific you buy the tape. Is it pro tac tape? xx

Pro tac didn't last well at all, try walker no shine, however, as per my dilemma, it's hard to remove! And yes, it's still stuck in my hair until I find I nice easy remover.

Does anyone else go through this much hassle in the name of testing hair/ methods?!

Are they a new or older method ? Any updates?

oh my gosh i swear by tape ins!!!! they are amazing!!!! i did my first set last week and they blend so well with the hai, you cant tell they are extensions :)
i do extensions pretty much like i tips the placement, only difference i put the sides on an angle so you cant see the tape bits :) and they only take an hour to apply! to remove use the solution and to get it out the hair use deep cleanser shampoo, i normally put it on dry hair to make sure its all out, the put water on and remove the shampoo/product. hope this helps :)

Thank you Aronne,
Im definately going to train in these. Iv heard they are really good because you cant see them,they are so fine and sandwich in between your own hair.
Sounds like its a worthy investment x

oh my gosh i swear by tape ins!!!! they are amazing!!!! i did my first set last week and they blend so well with the hai, you cant tell they are extensions :)
i do extensions pretty much like i tips the placement, only difference i put the sides on an angle so you cant see the tape bits :) and they only take an hour to apply! to remove use the solution and to get it out the hair use deep cleanser shampoo, i normally put it on dry hair to make sure its all out, the put water on and remove the shampoo/product. hope this helps :)

Thank you Aronne,
Im definately going to train in these. Iv heard they are really good because you cant see them,they are so fine and sandwich in between your own hair.
Sounds like its a worthy investment x

all goods, honestly if you have done i tips i do them and them pretty much as the same sectioning, although instead of starting at the nape, you start just below the ears, and you can go as high as you can see, although keep an eye out on how many extensions you use :) honestly i never say i tips in the salon, i always say tapes because it doesnt look like extensions :)
its very beneficial and longest part is the removal.
dont know if its part of the extensions training but i always tell clients to come in the day before maintanence to get their extensions taken out to prep them for the service so it doesnt take long.

Latest posts

Back