Tarot Card Readings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawn74pink

Reaction score
I would like to hear from anyone who has had a Tarot card reading or knows anyone who has had one. What I would like to know in particular is what exprience you had. Reason for asking is that when I start to do my readings for people I want to give them a good experience to remember.
Things I would like to know in particular are how was the reading put across, what was the setting like and what made it special for you.

Dawn :)

I've had tarot readings (at a Psychic Fair) and been to a clairvoyant at her home.

The Tarot was good, he recorded it for me on tape, but when I got it home I couldn't hear anything as they were crap tapes and too much background noise. If you're going to record them get a good quality recorder - I paid an extra £5 for that tape and was most disappointed - as I didn't listen to everything in minute detail as I expected to be able to play it at a later date and review it :cry:

The Clairvoyant was unsettling - I went to her house, she used her spare room, she looked like any other middle aged housewife, not all crystals and psychic stuff :o

What really freaked me out was the music she played, she put on this plinky plonky whale song music - for some reason all the hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end, and the voice in my head was screaming 'GET OUT NOW!!!' :irked:

I didn't, I stayed, and she made me write everything down, which was fab cos there was so much I would never have remembered it all :D

Some was bang on, some has never been clarified, some things my Mum instantly understood and I had no idea, so perhaps some of it was for her???

I would definitely go again - for some reason they all ask me about my toddler son (I don't have one, never had, no termination, or miscarriage, so I have no idea :o - but 4 different 'readers' have told me the same thing!)

Anyway I'm rambling - so off to bed - night :hug:

T
xx

hi i used to read tarot about five years ago for people,
i had to stop because it affected me alot i suffered headaches mainly due to the fact of not being able to eat a good few hours before reading.(digestion takes an effort from the body therefore not leaving enough energy to clear ones mind)
plus hearing voices so i stopped full stop (i am a coward)
you know from the meanings of the cards that tarot tell a story, they dont predict so just go with the story the tarot are telling you and dont try to hard.
readings can be so emotional for yourself as well i found the tarot more of a healing tool.
one thing i did do was tell your recipient that you are not here to predict just give them guidance on what is going on in their lives.as alot of people presume you can tell them who they are going to marry, and if they will win the lottery.
but you know that.
also dont make your surroundings to mystic people dont like it. just have your crystal.
i had clear quartz which i used to hold in my hand while doing the reading (it helped keep my mind clear.
good luck i know how nerve wracking can be.

I've had quite a few tarot readings. All good and positive.

One lady used to come to our house. She liked to give private readings in a separate room from everybody else. She had a really lovely old mystical scarf that she used to have her cards wrapped in and then she laid her cards on this. She also wrote everything down for you!!! She used to have her crystals with her and big necklaces. That was a good experience.

We used to see another lady at her house, well in her conservatory!! She used to tape the reading, which was good. The atmosphere wasnt as 'mystical' though, conservatory was too bright and there were no crystals or scarfs. She was v good though.

At the end of the day it wouldnt really bother me where/how u read cards as long as you were good and I felt I had my money's worth!!!!

Hope this helps

Hi Dawn, I'm very much into the mystic and "alternative" side of life. Which type of tarot are you doing? I know some people can be a bit wary of some of the decks, and tend to more comfortable with the astrological tarot. I have had a few, one in particular which was so accurate, even 9 years down the line she is still bang on.
regards atmosphere, I think that if people want to have a reading, then they expect, to a certain extent a nice environment, maybe a few dim lamps, a dimmer switch perhaps? candles, a nice incense, or if you don't like the smoke, perhaps a gorgeous oil in a burner, not forgeting the crystals, I love a huge quartz crystal I have that has been wrapped in silver wire and small beads threaded through, maybe a wind chime tinkling away gently in the corner or by a narrow opened window? ,,,,, my wind chime tinkles without any breeze though,,,, scares the hell out of my partner!!! how about lots of huge cushions on thwe floor to sit on? I have a mixture of golds, reds, purples and blues, a little table with a deep purple cloth looks nice too.
It's nice to have a couple of drinks and nibbles available for the end of the reading, chilled fruit juice in fancy coloured goblet type glasses, and a plate of cinnamon biscuits,,,,, yummy.
Regards taping the reading, how about asking the client to bring their own if they want it taping? that way it takes a bit of pressure off you, and your'e reading won't cost as much for the client then. It's nice to be able to go back after and re listen, or even re read a reading, so perhaps you could have a note book and pencil nearby and let them write it down themselves.
Just a few ideas, perhaps you may find them usefull,,,,,,, I'm lucky, I live just down the road from Glastonbury, home of witchcraft and the likes, I'm always popping over there.

Let us know how they go,
Trrrraaaaaa
Christine.

you wrap the cards in a silk scarf and keep them in a wooden box.........it keeps them cleansed. i used to have different silk scarfs for each tarot deck and i used to sleep with them under my pillow..............bizzare dreams i had too

Hello have a visit on this site its free to join and I think you will love it if your into readings you too can offer free readings on there and have them too. I have been doing readings on there myself for some time now and have had excellent feedback take a look at the more mermaid and dolphin card readings thread by angelic in the readings forum (by the way thats my nickname on there) http://www.healthypages.net/ there's the link and then you register and go onto the forums page there is also an alternative health and beauty section too I know some other users on there who also use this site too!!!! If you want a reading by me on there post your request onto the forum or email me with your name and question or if you want a random one I would be happy to do one for you. I have never done one that hasnt been spot on the cards I use are so accurate plus I do some psychic training too. I am very into alternative healths and psychic stuff, if you want to know anything just email me.
The experiences I have had with readers in the past most have been very good and accurate.

i have only had reading by one person, and she is so good. she is very good at communicating with spirits, and she came up with so much stuff about my mum that she has only ever told me, so unless shes been reading my mums medical notes i wouldnt be able to tell you how she knows it all.

ive always been able to channel, but i supressed it when i was about 13 because i thought that i might be weird, she picked up on this and she is guiding me at the moment back into channelling, and she bought me my first tarrot cards in august, but ive been too busy to meditate with them, but i do have a raw silk scarf and a old wooden box they are kept in. i have the witches ones, i was just drawn to them because they were purple, and i just love purple. when i meditate to channel i always use white candles for purity/clarity and purple (but i dont remember why i use the lavender ones, but i think it has some mystical meaning) i have had a little play with them, and the readings i did were quite accurate, but it will be a lot better when i feel more at one with the cards, and can really get into the swing of things.

my friend makes me laugh tho when she does a reading for you, as if a spirit comes thru and gives her a name, say john for example, and you say you dont know a john, she wont back down, she is addamant that you know them and gives you more info, and she practically (in a nice way not mean or menacing or anything like that) argues with you that it does mean something. everyone who this has happened to who claims they dont know always phone her after a couple of days when they realise who it was or what it was about. specially in the cases when they were young when the person passed and they had to ask their mum about the person.

i love the aculte and i frequent the paranormal news website!

hi loo,

i've just joined,
i've read the posts and they are pretty impressive, i would love a reading, i have left my full name for you, if its possible to do a reading for me, it would be gratefully accepted.

well i had a reading on monday night and i must say i was quite impressed (even more so if it comes true) apparently im gonna break my left ankle in march, start in a new shop also in march, come into mega amounts of money on 23rd october, travel tons, and the baby my daughter is expecting is a boy (8lbs, dark hair, blue eyes and a little terror)
ill keep you all posted

Hello Christine G

The cards that I brought are called Tarot of the old path, the person who I brought them from said they were a good pack to work with and so far I have felt comfortable with them.

Joannerowsell, Hello I've wrapped them in a black silk cloth and put them in a wooden box.

jacqui said:
hi loo,

i've just joined,
i've read the posts and they are pretty impressive, i would love a reading, i have left my full name for you, if its possible to do a reading for me, it would be gratefully accepted.

Hi jacqui send me an email and I will be happy to do you one and I can send it via your email.

Peter Pan said:
well i had a reading on monday night and i must say i was quite impressed (even more so if it comes true) apparently im gonna break my left ankle in march, start in a new shop also in march, come into mega amounts of money on 23rd october, travel tons, and the baby my daughter is expecting is a boy (8lbs, dark hair, blue eyes and a little terror)
ill keep you all posted
Hi can I ask who did your reading for you?? I would like one too as havent had one for a bit I do lots of readings so it would be nice to have one!!!!!

jacqui said:
hi loo,

i've just joined,
I guessed that it was you on the hp forum so I have just replied to this to let you know that your reading has been done on there just a little note to those of you who have emailed and pmed me I will get onto those readings for you asap. Still dying to know who did peterpans reading so I can have one too!!!!!!!! :cool:

Hi Lucy

I have never had a tarot or any reading done to me, so im very interested in having it done, can you do mine please?

let me know what info you need.

laura

Hi thats fine just go onto healthy pages and join let me know its you so I know who Ive done then I wont get in a muddle lol the web addy is http://www.healthypages.net/ its free to join they also have a beauty forum too!!! Take a look there. Have a few other readings to do so will put you in the line lol!!! Take care.
xx

hi i have joined aswell , and am deewax on there lol ,

HI loo,

You will already find me on there, as im already a member. Im Beautybabe!

Thanks

Laura
loo said:
Hi thats fine just go onto healthy pages and join let me know its you so I know who Ive done then I wont get in a muddle lol the web addy is http://www.healthypages.net/ its free to join they also have a beauty forum too!!! Take a look there. Have a few other readings to do so will put you in the line lol!!! Take care.
xx

Just a quick note to everyone I have a bit of a que now for readings so I will not be able to do anymore for a while till I get the other ones done as also doing them on another site and the list is growing lol cant keep up with it all. Will let you know when I have finished them though. ;)

dawn74pink said:
I would like to hear from anyone who has had a Tarot card reading or knows anyone who has had one. What I would like to know in particular is what exprience you had. Reason for asking is that when I start to do my readings for people I want to give them a good experience to remember.
Things I would like to know in particular are how was the reading put across, what was the setting like and what made it special for you.

Dawn :)
Hi Dawn you should join up with hp and offer some practice readings on there if you want to of course its great fun and really great to get the feedback too. If you want anyone to practice on though I will be first in the que saying me me me lol!!!!! I have had a few readings done and have to admit most of them have been good I find I prefer the reading if the reader doesnt askl too many questions but rather predicts or tells me information and I can agree or disagree then let them know at the end how I think they have been accurate. One reading I had recently picked up on my grandad and the lady felt her throat was sore he passed away from cancer but it was the cancer of his throat that was the worst. I knew it was him it brought tears to my eyes as I was amazed. Another reader predicted me meeting my boyfriend and said his name would have three letters which it does and also got many other things correct. Amazing stuff. Where are you doing your readings from are you going to do them online or at psychic fayres, you should also think about joining a psychic development group online if you are not already a member they are great fun and have taught me so much and really helped me to develope my abilities psychicly speaking!!

Latest posts

Back