Tax and mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kate89

Reaction score
hi im in the process of trying to set up a mobile spray tanning business and havent really got a clue where to start my main concern is about tax and what you have to pay which i know nohing about. any advice would be greatly appreciated x

hi im in the process of trying to set up a mobile spray tanning business and havent really got a clue where to start my main concern is about tax and what you have to pay which i know nohing about. any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Hi You need to contact your local Inland revenue, they will supply you with all the information you need and what you need to pay etc

hths :hug:

They will also tell you what you can claim back. xxx

Hi,

I have been freelance hai & beauty for 18months. One of the most important things to remember is KEEP EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT!!! Even if you don't think its relevant, you'd be amazed!! It is quite easy...

1. Phone HM Revenue Customs & register your business.

2. Phone an account or book keeper in your area (book-keepers are generally cheaper than accountants) & ask them about completing your tax return for you at the end of the financial year and ask for their advice regarding your start up dates and when your figures will be due in. DON'T BE SCARED THAT THE ACCOUNTANT IS GOING TO SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE AND YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.. IT'S THEIR JOB TO TAKE OF MONEY & YOUR BUSINESS, THEY PROBABLY WOULDN'T KNOW WHERE TO START DOING A SPRAY TAN!)

3. Buy yourself an accounts book, that is laid out clearly for you to record your receipts, purchases & takings.

4. Buy a folder to store your monthly receipts.

5. At the end of each day or week (whatever you find best), record your figures into your book and put your receipts into your receipts folder.

6. At the end of your first year or when the financial year fits with your business (check with accountant), hand your receipt book and accounts book over to your accountant with the HM Revenue Tax Return Book (that you will be sent when you register your business with them) & bob's your uncle, your accountant will sort all your tax out for you. It will cost a couple hundred pound at the most, but money well worth spending..

Hope that helps hun..

Laura.x

Just read the threads as I am also starting up and they are brilliant thank you...i've just called up hm revenues and they are so helpful!:lol:

Latest posts

Back