TCA drops?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachwalton

Reaction score
hi has anyone heard of or used TCA DROPS apparantly it accelerates colour processing time anything from 4-10 mins with very low heat can also be used in perm neutralizers????:lol:

Not heard of it but I know your insurance wouldn't be covered! X

Just looked online about this, in theory it would be great, in reality. Can you get a full head tint on and the client to the basin in 4 mins?
I don't know if I believe this product works, all manufacturers are working hard to get their colours to work in the shortest amount of time possible I'm sure they would have cottoned on by now, also there is a colour balancer drops to reduce gold and copper tones, why don't they just call it a toner and make it into a shampoo or tint?
Just all sounds way too good. Xoxo

TCA Drops (or "The Colour Accelerator" to use the full name) is an old trick from years gone by.

If you want to try it just buy some mineral oil from the beauty section and add a few drops to your colour. Pop under heat for 10 minutes and rinse. It's excellent for reds.

Does it work? Yes.

Do I do it? No.

It works (on dry hair) for the same reasons a moisturising treatment works. The hair structure is designed in nature to absorb oils and to hold onto that oil once it is absorbed. Adding a few drops of mineral oil to colour encourages the hair to absorb the colour formula very deep into the cortex, even before the cuticle is fully opened. So what you end up with is a saturation of colour pigment flooding the hair which gives the impression of full colour development. This lasts through the initial washes too as oil and water don't mix so the colour pigment remains lodged within the hair.

The problem is creeping oxidation. Reds can fade quickly from amazing to lack-lustre, and ash/cool based colours can turn very grey/black during the subsequent blowdries if you're not careful.

But the main reason I don't use it is because I personally like the development time of 30 minutes for a tint - it allows me to do a full cut and blowdry inbetween a colour service.

Hope this helps.

TCA Drops (or "The Colour Accelerator" to use the full name) is an old trick from years gone by.

If you want to try it just buy some mineral oil from the beauty section and add a few drops to your colour. Pop under heat for 10 minutes and rinse. It's excellent for reds.

Does it work? Yes.

Do I do it? No.

It works (on dry hair) for the same reasons a moisturising treatment works. The hair structure is designed in nature to absorb oils and to hold onto that oil once it is absorbed. Adding a few drops of mineral oil to colour encourages the hair to absorb the colour formula very deep into the cortex, even before the cuticle is fully opened. So what you end up with is a saturation of colour pigment flooding the hair which gives the impression of full colour development. This lasts through the initial washes too as oil and water don't mix so the colour pigment remains lodged within the hair.

The problem is creeping oxidation. Reds can fade quickly from amazing to lack-lustre, and ash/cool based colours can turn very grey/black during the subsequent blowdries if you're not careful.

But the main reason I don't use it is because I personally like the development time of 30 minutes for a tint - it allows me to do a full cut and blowdry inbetween a colour service.

Hope this helps.

Wow didn't know that.

I looked into these when I first started mobile I thought for root tints it would be perfect. I never got any though as I just couldn't figure out how they would work.

They say they cover grey, keep vibrant colours bright, can be used with highlift and bleach.

Just seemed to good to be true. If something could help with all of the above then surely every colour house would have a version

Does it work? Yes.

Do I do it? No.

Hope this helps.
yes thanx i only came across it yesterday i just wondered if anyone had tried it. think my clients would be a bit suspicious if i said colour was ready after 4 mins!!! LOL thanx again:lol:

Just looked online about this, in theory it would be great, in reality. Can you get a full head tint on and the client to the basin in 4 mins?
I don't know if I believe this product works, all manufacturers are working hard to get their colours to work in the shortest amount of time possible I'm sure they would have cottoned on by now, also there is a colour balancer drops to reduce gold and copper tones, why don't they just call it a toner and make it into a shampoo or tint?
Just all sounds way too good. Xoxo
i have been looking online at reviews for this product can only find people in america that swear by it saying it keeps reds from fading excellant on resistant grey blah blah ha ha dont think i will be trying it seams to good to be true.:confused:

We use the whole power tools range (except for the colour remover, too expensive) and it all does what it says. Stop the burn and color balance corrector are a boon.

We use the whole power tools range (except for the colour remover, too expensive) and it all does what it says. Stop the burn and color balance corrector are a boon.

How long do you leave bleach and high lifts on?

Latest posts

Back