Teacher Training in Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked_Skin

Reaction score
Hello, me again!

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get on the route of becoming a beauty lecturer. I'm trying to find information, great or small and would really appreciate it if someone could help me if they know.

I am qualified to level 3 in beauty therapy, I also have a foundation degree in media make-up.

I would love to teach as I like helping people learn new things.

Thanks alot

Zoe

You would need a teaching qualification, the higher level the better. It's good to try and get some experience shadowing someone if you can. Really strong teaching skills are the key to getting a job as you would usually be asked for a lesson observation.

Hi

I did the 7407 teaching in higher and further education at my local college, i believe it has changed its name now however its a year course with alot of hard work, its pretty tough but worth it!

Go to your local college and ask for further info.

Thanks

You would need to take the PTLLS course at your local college or if your local college dont provide the course then The beauty Guild do.
This is the minimum teaching qualification and if you wish you can then move on to CTLLS OR DTLLS

hths x

Hi, I am in my second year of cert ed (complete it in may) the government have been having a big drive to get everyone who teachers in the education sector to have a min of cert ed and then encouraging tutors to carry on and gain professional formation which would then get you QTLS.

It is alot of hard work and studying but iam sure it will be worth it in the end.

If you contact your local college of higher education they should be able to help you with more information.

hth

Thank you everyone - you have helped a great deal. I'm going to ring up the local college tomorrow. I'm itching to do this, I'd love to teach people the art of beauty! (my business name) ;p x

Latest posts

Back