Teaching and what qualification is best?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi I want to do a teaching certificate but aren't sure which is best. Can anyone help?

I'm a single parent of two under 5 so can't really put the effort into a PGCE as is required. Plus I have to work and run a house, I just can't physically do a PGCE until they are older.

Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

hiya, i suggest that you try to get onto a pttlls (prepairing to teach in the life long learning sector) course which i think runs for a number of weeks which alter from college to college. where abouts in yorkshire are you?
they are running this course at joseph preistley college in morley. http://www.joseph-priestley.ac.uk/Courses/Departments/Teaching/CityAndGuilds7303.pdf

here is the course that may interest you.

hth.

Thanks Emma, I'm not far from Morley at all! I will have a look now xx

If it is any help, the qualifications we recommend are:

City and Guilds 7300
City and Guilds 7302 or
City and Guilds 7303 (PTLS) or
City and Guilds 7304 (CTLS) or
City and Guilds 7305 (DTLS) or
NVQ Assessors Award or
Certificate in Education

Thanks I am going to look into this further, have already enquired about the 7303. It's all very exciting!

I'm in my first year of teaching and am really enjoying it! I completed my 7302 and am now doing my Dtlls, it is a lot of work!! Lots of assignments!! :)x x

Dtlls

what's that hun?

Hey hun, it stands for something like Professional Graduate/ Cerfificate in the life long learner sector! Its the same as Cert Ed really! Is it a college you want to teach in hun? x :)

Oops I meant certificate!! lol

Latest posts

Back