Teaching babies right and wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
Hi geeks. I am looking for some tips really. My daughter is 11 months and cruising around so there are lots of areas that are a no go-radiators-plugs-book shelves ect.

I just wonder how you have taught your LO what's acceptable and what safe and what's not.

I by no means am looking for a regimental approach and I know she has to have a few hiccups to learn things, so I want to be sure if she needs to be told NO that I am going about it in the right way....

This is how it goes at the minute:
-tone of voice changes to be slightly firmer, I offer a warning (for lack of a better word)coming down to her level and explain what's not right about the scenario if she ignore or doesn't understand. Sometimes she stops but if not I explain again and remove her from the situation.

Does that sound about right? I fully understand that she's learning so what I say may not make sense and I'm not looking to tell her off just set some boundaries . Thanks in advanced

Tbh at her age I would keep the explanation short and sweet "no, don't touch" "no, hot" etc and simply move her away from whatever it is. A quick 'check' of behaviour like for a very young puppy. Anything longer and she won't associate what you are telling her with what she was doing.

Latest posts

Back