Teeth Whitening Courses - are they even legal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautyblissx

Reaction score
Hi!
I'v never written a new thread before but always look things up on salon geek so I know you are all very knowledgeable geeks! :lol:

I know a girl that does teeth whitening from her home salon and she makes a killing from it! She's always booked up and gives a great treatment with excellent results.. I've even been myself its great!

Im a fully trained mobile beautician but am wanting to be able to offer teeth whitening - if this works out hopefully I will convert to a home salon myself!

Teeth whitening seems like such a grey area and scrolling through the threads there's so many different answers about whats legal and what I could get sued millions of pounds for!!

Can any one tell me the definite facts or tell me who to ask or where to start looking?

Any replies would be great :hug:

Thanks xxxx

Aslong as your taking on the EU law and not using Peroxide you are fine.
Check out Beaming White - thats who or supplier is x

Great i'll check them out now!

Thanks x

Hi!
I'v never written a new thread before but always look things up on salon geek so I know you are all very knowledgeable geeks! :lol:

I know a girl that does teeth whitening from her home salon and she makes a killing from it! She's always booked up and gives a great treatment with excellent results.. I've even been myself its great!

Im a fully trained mobile beautician but am wanting to be able to offer teeth whitening - if this works out hopefully I will convert to a home salon myself!

Teeth whitening seems like such a grey area and scrolling through the threads there's so many different answers about whats legal and what I could get sued millions of pounds for!!

Can any one tell me the definite facts or tell me who to ask or where to start looking?

Thanks xxxx

Please either look at my previous thread about legalities, or give me a call on 01383 624236. We provide training here at ABC Hair & Beauty Supplies and will be able answer any question you may have. Look forward to speaking with you Regards Lynne

Hi!

Thanks xxxx
:D
Hope this helps with your question about Teeth Whitening;
Dentists are the only body who can administer up to no more that 6% Hydrogen Peroxide. Non dentists can sell products up to no more than 0.1% which is pretty useless for teeth whitening. Pearlys products are Sodium Perborate based (the active tooth whitener ingredient), and this is completely legal for a non dentist to sell. You do however have to be aware of the facts e.g. Only a dentist can go into a clients mouth, a therapist can only guide, coach & advise on a self administered basis. We cover, legals, consultation, procedures etc on our Training Course. Pearlys have worked closely with Insurance underwriters and we also cover this on the day. Please call ABC Hair & Beauty Supplies & Training on 01383624236 if you have any other questions. Our next course is 29th July

Latest posts

Back