Teeth whitening, laser lipo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metamorfosis

Gel Polish Stylist of the Year 2016
Reaction score
anyone know anything about these and who is allowed to practice what? and what quals you need?

my landlord wants to rent a room below me to a guy who does this stuff, but i'm not sure if he's allowed to? plus he's charging high prices for 35% carbamide peroxide 'LED' teeth whitening, which i've had in kit form for less than £20 before now

Am i right to smell a rat?

No, teeth whitening can be done by anyone trained. Don't have to be dentist. Although it does sound like this guy knows what he's doing as hydrogen peroxide is not illegal to use on clients!
We charge £69 for laser teeth. But I do know places that charge £250! X

Hope u don't mind I have inboxed u x

OMG this is highly illegal!!!

But are the kit forms as good? I whiten mine weekly with bleaches from te dentist and as an idea, my weekly home kit from the dentist is more than £20 per application. Xpxo

Cant get any more info as I'm not a dentist, but this has recently been posted on the BDA (British Dental Association) website. Several years ago I posted on here that no-one is legally allowed to offer teeth whitening services if they are not BDA registered. Sorry cant be of more help but this is the post:

A Merseyside beautician has been successfully prosecuted for carrying out tooth whitening, the General Dental Council (GDC) has announced this week (6 August).

BE WARNED and stay legal

I agree, I looked into offering teeth whitening and found out that you can be sued for about £8k if you are not a qualified dentist.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back