Telling a client about pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_envy

Reaction score
I am currently pregnant with my second child. I have got a very big wedding booked in for July, I will be 8 months pregnant then. I don't know how to tell the bride my news as I don't think she will take the news well....she doesn't like children. I'm still going to offer to do the hair but explain that if she won't feel comfortable with how close it is to my due date I understand. Any advice on how to handle the situation?

Congratulations.

I can't bear the thought that someone might be unhappy at your news.

I would tell her with a great big smile on your face. If you're happy doing her wedding, I'm not sure what it has to do with her. If you want to give her the option, then you can but I personally wouldn't unless you have a history of early labour, pre eclampsia etc.

Good luck x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm planning on working as close as due date as possible, so it's no issue for me. I think as I know how anti children she is and that she has made it clear what she wants, she will get. I'm dreading telling her. I dont want to lose her as a client but then also I'm not letting it ruin a exciting time for me.

In this game you have a duty to yourself as the provider of such services, not only to the client who receives them. Try and be open and honest when telling your client and if she responds poorly then it is not on you as you have done your duty as the provider of your services.

Congratulations! I would do as op said and tell her with a great big smile on your face as its happy news you shouldn't have to worry at all and if she hates children that's her problem no one else's.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. It is such an exciting time for u and u should enjoy it and avoid all stress. If this was me I would be worried about taking on a wedding so late into pregnancy. Of course u will probably be fine to work as long as possible but unfortunately nothing is guaranteed with pregnancy and a wedding is a big thing to have to cancel last minute as they will have had all the trials etc and it is their big day. She doesn't sound like the sort of person who would be very understanding if this happened and do u really want to be worrying throughout your pregnancy that u might have to let her down? I would explain it all to her and see what she wants to do. Xx

I'm in the same sticky situation, recently found out I'm expecting and have a friends wedding with 13 people booked in the day of my expected due date! Agh!

I would explain and pull out now if I was you a wedding is a big thing to take on at 8 months pregnant, even though you have it in your head you are going to work until the last minute anything could happen and you would look more unprofessional pulling out at such short notice. I worked up until I was in labour doing a clients nails lol at 40 weeks but it was a struggle and I thought I would be fine but don't think there's anyway I could have done a wedding makeup and gave it my all such late on in pregnancy. There's a chance you could have your baby earlier, feel ill or not be as mobile as you'd like and the last thing you need is this wedding playing on your mind, I'd say put yourself first and just do your usual appointments if you must no weddings though especially ones you think may be fusspots too much stress for you when you should be thinking about relaxing.

Playing devils advocate here, there may be a reason she says she doesn't like children? After losing 4 babies, I sometimes struggle being around pregnant women so it could just be a defence mechanism for her?

I think the issue you should be more concerned about as others have said is whether you are actually able to carry out the treatments as this is the most important day of her life and cancelling close to the time would be horrible for her (especially if the reason is to do with babies which she may be sensitive about)?

I would get her a list or at least a couple of names of other therapists (you could even check whether they have that date free) and give her those alternatives so it helps her out.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I don't want her to lose her as a client, but then I would hate to have to let them down nearer the date and they may struggle to find someone else.I don't want spend most of my pregnancy worrying about it. I have got my scan on Monday so once I have had my dating scan I'm going to speak to her. Should I give her the option or say I'm not able to do it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone for your advice. I don't want her to lose her as a client, but then I would hate to have to let them down nearer the date and they may struggle to find someone else.I don't want spend most of my pregnancy worrying about it. I have got my scan on Monday so once I have had my dating scan I'm going to speak to her. Should I give her the option or say I'm not able to do it.

If I was you I would say something along the lines of as much as you would love to do her hair on the big day u would hate to have to leave her in the lurch at the last minute and given the importance of the wedding u think it would probably best to play it safe and secure a booking with someone else. At the end of the day u have given her enough notice and everybody has the right to a family and life outside of work so she should at least pretend to be happy for u. Good luck with everything and enjoy every minute ot goes so quickly x

Congratulations!
You will need to tell her your news and let her know you can't do it.
Pregnancy is such an unpredictable time and you can't risk saying you'll be fine just to appease her.
If you commit to the job just now and then cancel further down the line you will definitely loose her as a client.
Do you have any hairdresser friends that you can recommend for the wedding?

There is 10 bridesmaids the bride & the mother of the bride. So there is already a another hairdresser booked for the day ( she is a friend of the one bridesmaids) but I will need to replace me. Unless they decide to use another stylist that they may use.

Congratulations im the same and due 9th of july, ive had to tell 3 brides i wont be able to do there hair, and felt awful, but every one was ok, i planned to work right up to due date, but i got carpel tunnel which really hurts, felt like id broke my hand.my brides have gone with another stylist and are all happy with there hairs. My bridsmaides baby was due on my wedding day which was not ideal for me, but i was over the moon she was pregnant. Sometimes u have to do whats right for you. I think u may find they would rather book with some 1 else, incase you went in to early labour etc, and it would be peace of mind for you. Been heavily pregnant n stood on your feet all day is not as easy as i first thought [emoji85]

Latest posts

Back