Tennis Elbow!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leannelily

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have just been diagnosed as having severe Tennis Elbow,

I've been having the odd niggle in my right elbow since around november time, but within the past 2 weeks its been everyday. I woke up this morning and could not move my right arm at all, i work in a fast food place full time & do my beauty work part time.

I managed into work & within 10 mins i was taken to out of hours as all i could do was cry with the pain!

I have a few clients next week dont know how i'm going to cope! Luckily i have private healthcare & have managed to get a app tomorrow!

Do any fellow geeks have tennis elbow? How do you cope? Any hints tricks?

Sorry for the ramble!

I had tennis elbow in my right hand.

I had lifted a heavy table an few days later it was so sore.

It's easy for dr to say try not to use your right hand when your right handed!!!

I just did what I could no heavy lifting etc and it dissapeared by itself.
Was told 3-6 months, it did go 6 months. Not nice 😞

I had tennis elbow in my right hand.

I had lifted a heavy table an few days later it was so sore.

It's easy for dr to say try not to use your right hand when your right handed!!!

I just did what I could no heavy lifting etc and it dissapeared by itself.
Was told 3-6 months, it did go 6 months. Not nice 😞

Its awful! So worried about my business! Hope mine sorts itself out too!

Ouch, poor you, I've had it too and it's horrid. Mine was caused catching water when our hot water tank burst, but I didn't realise I'd injured myself for ages, so as with you it kind of crept up on me. I wasn't doing nails then, but one thing that did help me was a portable TENS machine. It was about £50 from Boots and I used to use it every day when the pain was really bad. I had physio too and that really helped - I was given acupuncture, laser and ultrasound treatment and had quite a few appointments. It did more or less go eventually, but it was slow and I definitely had to be careful what I did with it.

I really hope you get better soon!

Luckily for me I've not had it, but as an old tennis player (and other sports), lots of my friends have suffered with this. From their experiences, it seems the best results come from acupuncture and / or chiropractic sessions. hth xxx

I had tennis elbow (on the right side) as well as tendenitis in my right thumb.
Acupuncture was a blessing. I suffered for a long time, went to couple different therapists and I finally found one that helped

I haven't had a problem ever since (it's been 4 years). Now I have an issue with both of my wrists. Time to give him a call again ;)

I have no idea whats caused mine! Went for my first physio today and its so swollen she doesnt know what it could be! Either tennia elbow, golfers elbow or tenditius (not sure how you spell it) i think she said!

Oo i have a tens machine what i use on my back! Its strapped up at the moment so cant use it! But i'll give it a go! x

Latest posts

Back