Terroist Threat at the top of my Road!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
This is the last thing i should prob be doing but i'm a Geek through and through

The TA/SAS Army Barracks have been cleared as a suspect package has been left i think the police has done a controlled explosio because we just heared it go off it was really loud.

The top of my road has been evacuated! Kingstanding road Dyas road Goodway road and hawthorn road has all been cleared half of my road has been cleared the police has told people they have no time to collect anything not even clothes cars or pets they must get out and get out now.

This is scary!

OMG!

Where are you typing from now though?

sod typing on here id get out, just to be on the safe side. be carefull.xxxxx

my prayer are with you

just keep safe

that's a bit too close to home for my liking.
why are you on here hunny? you should have got yourselves out of there as soon as possible.
Hope you and your family are safe.
Please let us know you are all ok when you get time to log back on.
xxx

it sounds a bit too close for my liking to:Scared:! i do hope glittergirl will be ok,and safe!

I'm thinking of you! :hug:

Please let us know you are ok.
ValencianNails said:
that's a bit too close to home for my liking.
why are you on here hunny? you should have got yourselves out of there as soon as possible.
Hope you and your family are safe.
Please let us know you are all ok when you get time to log back on.
xxx

eeek. ive not heard anything on the news about it yet...

Hope ur ok. I think everyone is really on their guard and anything suspicious will be dealt with bearing the worst case scenario in mind. Inall honesty it was probaly nothing. But btter safe than sorry!!

xxx

omg hope all is ok, me and scattyfo were watching all the evacuations in (i think it was birmingham?) early hours of this morning live on tv,20,000 people, its scary

OMG, Jodie. Are you talking about yesterdays threats or has there been anotherone today in Birmingham? I hope you're all right. *fingerscrossed* This is so scary.

hubby works in bham just a little scary.!!!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute nightmare for you.

Hope you are all ok

glittergirl said:
This is the last thing i should prob be doing but i'm a Geek through and through

The TA/SAS Army Barracks have been cleared as a suspect package has been left i think the police has done a controlled explosio because we just heared it go off it was really loud.

The top of my road has been evacuated! Kingstanding road Dyas road Goodway road and hawthorn road has all been cleared half of my road has been cleared the police has told people they have no time to collect anything not even clothes cars or pets they must get out and get out now.

This is scary!

I hope everything is ok .....
But fancy leaving it at the TA/SAS Army Barracks............. these guys deal with this kind of thing all the time and no doubt Army Bomb disposal unit will have been called in, with a clever little device that looks like a mechanical dog , to get a closer look at this and if necessary carry out a controlled explosion....
Spending 12 years as an Army wife has taught me to trust these guys....I can't remember how many times we where evacuated from our Army quarters...IRA and Bader-Meinhof days, during the lively 70's..Evacuation is the only way to make sure that there are no casualties during this process...........I agree this is very scary specially in the light of the recent events, but this is what these type of people want, they want to create a fear factor...and cause a sensation I am sure that's why we haven't had any news coverage of this, they do not want to give them even more publicity then they already are seeking........and the worst ones are the hoaxers as they get a perverted kick out of frightening the innocent....

On a lighter note I ones cause a bomb scare at Belfast Airport back in 1977....well not personally but my parcel did.....
Ex-Hubby was on a 9 month tour of NI over Christmas and I just send him a little parcel of his favorite treat..... Marzipan 6 lbs of it...... I didn't know that Marzipan and Semtex smell the same, so as a precaution they blew it all up. He was then duly informed that a parcel addressed to him had been destroyed as a safety precaution.........Well after that I only ever send him Chocolate lol...

So I am sure Glittergirl and her street are doing fine and we will soon hear from her when things have got back to normal. But a quick prayer and loving thought in her direction will not go a miss either....... so hugs and stuff from me here in sunny London xxx

Ruth you do make me laugh, 6lb of marzipan lol did he have a sweet tooth hun?
x

I bloomin love marzipan!!!

chocolate coated marzipan, best thing in the world!!

You made my day, Ruth. Poor him, no marzipan. I can imagine his face when they told him. Can see it right before me. ;o) Please remember me NOT to send you anything. One never knows what will happen. ;o)))))) Hugs 2 u 2.

Only the top half of my road was evacuated i live right down the bottom it was really scary hasn't been on the news as yet have to wait to see if its on tomorrow it might be in one of the papers if it is i'll scan it.

Some of my friends who live at the top of the road said it was like something out of a movie

glad to see you're all ok xxx

well im glad everyone is ok. xx

Glad your alright xxx

Latest posts

Back