Testing SOG polishes at Excel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have all the colours in Gelicure except the light green (didn't think anyone would want it). I am still loving the system. I gave up on the ManiQ mixing stuff - too much trouble.

I bought a few wacky colours in Millenium and I have found they work very very well.

I have also bought a second Harmony LED lamp just because I was so worried about ever being lampless even for a day! Love, love, love my LED lamps.

At Olympia I think I might buy a few Gelish colours. I am just hoping have Harmony finally have the hard LED gel available at the show.

Thanks for getting back so quickly JuicyLucy, I was very impressed with the shine of the Gelicure & there was no wear on them at all.

When you say "too much trouble with ManiQ mixing" was that because it went thick too quickly whilst applying or just the fact of mixing it with the polish?

I would like to use up my polishes so I am thinking of getting the ManiQ top coat (& no doubt some of their colours too).

Did you do the mixing with the ManiQ top coat which Shedunlop is suggesting or did you do the mixing the first way they suggested using ManiQ clear?

Juicy Lucy....sorry another question - Is Electric Touch translucent?

I am looking for a colour I can put over others. I used to put NSI Silk Pink over loads of colours (especially black) & it completely changed them but I want to find similar in a SOG.

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I'm off to Olympia 2morrow, and want to make sure I have a bit of background knowledge. Can you use any 36 watt lamp for soak offs or do different brands require different lamps. I thought you could cure any soft gel with a 36watt lamp, is that wrong?

Juicy Lucy....sorry another question - Is Electric Touch translucent?

I am looking for a colour I can put over others. I used to put NSI Silk Pink over loads of colours (especially black) & it completely changed them but I want to find similar in a SOG.

Wow, I've missed a trick! I've been ignoring this whole layering idea:rolleyes: So I just tried Electric Touch over black to test it for you. It makes a very dark shimmer purpley colour - fab! So far I have only used E.T. for french, it is a slightly irridescent pink translucent colour - great to take down the whiteness if on top, or underneath to give a nice bed colour. I will have to spend some time experimenting with layering.

I only tried mixing the Mani-q clear. I had some problems with lumps and the process was a bit too time consuming for me. I now literally have 100s of bottles of OPI not being used or sold! However, I have resigned myself to the fact that they are business assets and great salon decor!

Wow, I've missed a trick! I've been ignoring this whole layering idea:rolleyes: So I just tried Electric Touch over black to test it for you. It makes a very dark shimmer purpley colour - fab! So far I have only used E.T. for french, it is a slightly irridescent pink translucent colour - great to take down the whiteness if on top, or underneath to give a nice bed colour. I will have to spend some time experimenting with layering.

I only tried mixing the Mani-q clear. I had some problems with lumps and the process was a bit too time consuming for me. I now literally have 100s of bottles of OPI not being used or sold! However, I have resigned myself to the fact that they are business assets and great salon decor!

Many thanks JuicyLucy for testing it for me, that is exactly what NSI's Silk Pink did, it's great isn't it! maybe i'll have to get a few bottles of Electric Touch.
It is also lovely mixed with other colours as well as layered.

I love mixing colours to create clients personal shades...so do the clients.

I think I will try the ManiQ top coat & polish mix that Shedunlop suggested, she is always great for giving non biased advice & incredibly helpful.

I am soooo excited, I don't think i'll get much sleep tonight!

Sorry to butt in on this thread, but I'm off to Olympia 2morrow, and want to make sure I have a bit of background knowledge. Can you use any 36 watt lamp for soak offs or do different brands require different lamps. I thought you could cure any soft gel with a 36watt lamp, is that wrong?

The lamp that goes with the product line is always best.

Probably best to ask the company that supplies the SOG you use as to which lamp they recommend.

Enjoy tomorrow.x

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until Monday to go to Olympia :sad:. Hope you guys don't buy everything up before I get there. Be great to have any tips on Sunday night of thing I should look out for.

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until Monday to go to Olympia :sad:. Hope you guys don't buy everything up before I get there. Be great to have any tips on Sunday night of thing I should look out for.

It was a very good show.

Very sad but Young Nails are not at Olympia:sad::cry: I even took loads of cash ready.

The cue for CND was sooooooooo long I really feel for anyone paying for stands around CND's as you just couldn't get to see them through the cues.

Lots of 20% off's

I bought quite a few Gelicure colours so can't wait to get testing.
My Mum was a guinea pig for the Soak Off Gel Polishes:

1)Gelicure - Black with Electric Touch over the top (making it a lovely purple) Very good coverage. Amazing shine & the cucumber cuticle oil smelt divine (so much so there wasn't any left to buy!)

2)The Edge -Gelitz -Frosted Heather. Went on well, coverage was good with even one coat.

3)Shellac - Wildfire

4)Nubar Acrylic natural

5)IBD Gelac - a glittery red that I cant remember the name of. I think I was mesmerised by the fact it was "The" Sam Biddle applying it. She is even nicer in person.

6)Dashing Diva with polish over

7)Trendy Nail Wrap -Gold.

8)NSI Polish Pro Greige which seemed a bit thick when applying it.

Let you know how they all get on.

Latest posts

Back