Testing SOG polishes at Excel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooh8bear

Reaction score
Has anyone else been doing test runs of all the new SOG polishes after going to Excel?

Day 8 =
Left Hand-
ARTISTIC Colour Gloss colour fade with Swanky, Up Town, Excentric
NSI Pro Polish with Rose Shimmer
MANI-Q No 110
Nubar Gelicure Bois De Rose
Jessica Sexy Siren (needed 3 coats & still looks patchy, although the tech did say it wasn't an easy colour)

Right Hand-
Bio Sculpture No 101
Harmony Gelish Forever Beauty under Ambience
Nubar Gelicure A La Mode
Calgel No 4
Shellac Masquarade (not sure of the name)
Nail polish on one for comparison which got dinged the first day:) so put A La Mode on.

All still in tact on day 8 accept Nubar A La Mode which she did catch on a wall so as I have Nubar on another finger & it is still OK I am not counting that one.

Any other Geeks testing?

Last edited:
ive not do it myself but i am interested to here how you get on with them and which ones the winner! did u try Shellac?
also some pics would be nice :) xx

Yes I am!

Left hand:

Harmony Gelish
CND Shellac
Young Nails Mani-q mix (with an OPI polish I took with me)
OPI Axxium
Nubar Gelicure

Right hand:
NSI Polish Pro

All in red. I didn't look at the colour names, I just asked the tech to choose the colour nearest to the first one I had done which was OPI Big Apple Red.

All still near perfect, although I would say that the Gelish has the best shine at the moment and is the only one that still has a fully capped free edge. Its really close though, nothing to choose between them.

ive not do it myself but i am interested to here how you get on with them and which ones the winner! did u try Shellac?
also some pics would be nice :) xx

Opps, just edited it. Yes Shellac on one too.

Tried Polish Pro but didn't like the brush at all. Have Young Nails ManiQ colour on at the moment and I love it so much. Just need to see the lasting ability but if it is as good as the application and colour consistency then it will be a real contender for me! :green:

Tried Polish Pro but didn't like the brush at all. Have Young Nails ManiQ colour on at the moment and I love it so much. Just need to see the lasting ability but if it is as good as the application and colour consistency then it will be a real contender for me! :green:

I have bought Mani Q Pink 101 & Gelicure Bios De Rose at Excel- the colours are identical...... soooo lovely.
I can not tell the difference between the 2 colours so it will be good to see how they compair for durability.

Which Mani Q colours did you get Sheila? did you get the clear to try mixing with the polish? I forget to get the clear in my hurry to get round.

Sheila -AKA Shedunlop do you use the Super Shiners? (I know you are a fan of Young Nails)
I bought one of the Super Shiner buffers from Young Nails to try from Excel, now I wish I had bought a trolley full, there grrrrreat.

They really bring the shine up on the natural nail & the gel polish.
Back to the shine the day they were done.

also when its come to the end on the 2/3 weeks it would also be nice to know which one soaks of the quickest! as i also think this is very important! x

Last edited:
I had every intention of doing this as i took my acrylic of a few days prior to visiting, but i attended the sunday and everytime i tried to get it done there was always a queue. I managed to get only one done! in Nsi polish pro and it took 25 mins of my time, so in the end i gave up :(

Ive invested in Gelez anyway and so far on my own nails they are a week in and they are perfect! the polish pro is now lifting at the free edge slightly but hasnt got worse yet, i wonder though as its my ring finger on my left hand it may be subjected to a lot more, such as products and impact.

Would have LOVED ezflow to have been there, i had soooo much to ask and buy! :(

x

I actually (covertly) timed each one that was was applied! It was a little unfair though as lots of the techs were talking and explaining while they were doing things so it took much longer than I am sure it normally would. In the end the application is so similar for each method, that I don't think application time is an issue. But you are right Miss Sylk, it took ages to do all of these and I spent the whole day waiting.

I will remove each one next week separately and time each one when I do it.

also when its come to the end on the 2/3 weeks it would also be nice to know which one soaks of the quickest! as i also think this is very improtant! x

Yes Amelia, that is a very good point.
I bought a load of NSI Illussion at Olympia one year & although I loved the colours The soaking off was not good.

This time when I was at Excel I asked NSI if they were continuing with their Illusion now they have Polish Pro & they did say they had a few problems with the soaking off.

I actually (covertly) timed each one that was was applied! It was a little unfair though as lots of the techs were talking and explaining while they were doing things so it took much longer than I am sure it normally would. In the end the application is so similar for each method, that I don't think application time is an issue. But you are right Miss Sylk, it took ages to do all of these and I spent the whole day waiting.

I will remove each one next week separately and time each one when I do it.

Which ones did you test JuicyLucy>?

This i sooo interesting! I never got to go to the show..as had to take time off for an operation in Jan and had no funds :(...was just wondering if any of them buffed the nail before application or if they were all applied with no buffing? If anyone can remember which ones if any did that would be great! Thanks in advance xxx

was just wondering if any of them buffed the nail before application or if they were all applied with no buffing? If anyone can remember which ones if any did that would be great! Thanks in advance xxx

I made notes of this too! I thought the most agressive prep was done by the Gelish rep. CND & Nubar were Pep only.

Interestingly - only two of the demonstrators sanitized my hands!!!

Pooh8bear: I listed the ones I tried in my first post on this thread.

I didnt get my hands sanitized, but she sprayed my nail and surrounding skin. She actually didnt touch my hand with hers at all, just put the product on.

I made notes of this too! I thought the most agressive prep was done by the Gelish rep. CND & Nubar were Pep only.

Interestingly - only two of the demonstrators sanitized my hands!!!

Pooh8bear: I listed the ones I tried in my first post on this thread.

JuicyLucy....Opps, :smack: after flitting back & forth through different threads I forgot you had already listed them, so sorry, looking forward to finding out the results.
Many thanks.x

Ooh interesting. I am wanting to test some Polish Pro and wanting a pale pink colour (my ladies all love Ambience but arent very daring). Pooh8Bear, whats the Pink Shimmer like?, similar to any Gelish shades I might know? Been thinking of the Pink Cashmere maybe? x

Ooh interesting. I am wanting to test some Polish Pro and wanting a pale pink colour (my ladies all love Ambience but arent very daring). Pooh8Bear, whats the Pink Shimmer like?, similar to any Gelish shades I might know? Been thinking of the Pink Cashmere maybe? x

No not really, it's an opaque, light, cool, pink with a tiny bit of shimmer

They are all still doing fine on the 11 day

I am now on day 14 and all 6 of my samples are still holding up very well. There really is very little to choose between them. Not one chip or sign of wear.

The regrowth is driving me mad now. Tomorrow I will soak them off, one by one, and time the removal process for each product.

How are you getting on Pooh8bear?

Great thread ladies thanks for sharing x:hug:

Latest posts

Back