Thai mani pedi range being discontinued! Help with a new range please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Carly*

Reaction score
I've been looking to switch my mani pedi range for a while, I've been using Gena as that's what I was trained with, but I really dislike the pedi scents which are a lot of eucalyptus, menthol and lavender; bleurgh! The mani soak and massage lotion is nice, but there's no mask in the range. Ideally I'd like a complete range as it looks so much nicer. After a ton of research I'd finally settled on the Salon Systems Thai range, as I have and love the mani scrub and mask, the scent is gorgeous and it's pretty unisex imo- only to discover they have discontinued the whole range! So I'm back to square one again! Please help me geeks!

Ideally I want something that isn't cooling as we just don't get enough hot weather and I personally find anything cooling uncomfortable. Cruelty Free would be nice, as would vegan. I also want a range that's not going to break the bank! Creative looks lush but it's a little too pricey, plus I have a feeling the pedi stuff is cooling?

I've checked out Spa Ritual, but the range is confusing me tbh! It's marketed more as a body range, there are no proper scent descriptions or anything and I've got no idea how to build a useful product range with them. There's nothing specifically targeted towards manis and pedis.

Cuccio were high on my list and originally I'd decided to go with them, but they are exactly the same as A.S.P! A.S.P in general have terrible reviews and most people say to avoid them, which has hugely put me off! The products are identical, as far as I can tell, except A.S.P are a tiny bit cheaper. People rave about Cuccio and seem to slate A.S.P. I don't want to go with Cuccio and pay even the tiniest bit more for the identical product, packaged almost identically to boot! Plus I rang Cuccio on Monday and I've still not heard back, which puts me off even more.

Kaeso has pretty mixed reviews and again, the pedi stuff has a lot of menthol in it.

Help me geeks! Any other ranges to check out? Can anyone think of something that might fit the bill?

Thanks! xx

I like OPI they have lots of different flavours you can choose from even a coffee one [emoji16] but I've used Kaeso and they're quite nice products, lovely scents and nice finish xx

Nail lux are a nice range and similar price to Thai spa too xx

I got a kaeso pedi kit it smells lovely and everything was included that you need do didn't need to spend time choosing what to buy, I'm sure the one I bought doesn't have menthol? All my clients comment on how lovely the products are and it was great value too

According the Kaeso site, the entire pedi range (bar the citrus soak, hygiene spray and weirdly the invigorating spray) all contain peppermint. Surely you're feet would be super tingly and chilly after all that mint? I must say, people seem to always have positive things to say about it!

I have the OPI catalogue from last years Olympia and found it really overwhelming and I can't find the coffee one everyone raves about. Think I'll ring them for a chat tomorrow. I still haven't opened a trade account as even that process seemed a faff, printing off the application (it wouldn't edit online) and posting it to them.

I never even thought of nail lux! I have their pedi scrub and really like it, though it leaks everywhere no matter what!

Anyone tried Nubar's range?

Thanks Geeks! Keep the ideas coming! Xx

Maybe it does have peppermint not sure but the girl that works for me did me a pedi with it and can't say I remember feeling cool or tingly lol

Looked today it does have peppermint and blueberry tried a bit on my feet as had a cancellation so sat with them wrapped in a towel, couldn't feel a tingle think it's more blueberryish lol, feet feel lovely now anyway

Aw pinknsparkly, thank you so much for that! That's really great to hear. The one problem I have with the gena mask is it is way too cooling. When I tested it on hubby he really didn't like it. It's also really thick and ruined my mask brush!

I'm also looking at Nubar and La Palm. Anyone use these brands?

I checked out OPI, think they've discontinued the coffee range. I also looked at all that jazz, they don't seem to have a mask though. I just want a nice matching complete range.

Oh noooooo I didn't know they'd discontinued the coffee one! [emoji24] x

It's not on the site :( such a shame as ive heard quite a few people rave about it in my search and it sounded lush. It's the manicure/pedicure one isn't it? Think they now just do that in chamomile mint (stop with the mint!!!) and a lemon fragrance. The lemon sounds nice, but there's no matching soak sadly. Plus some people associate lemon fragrances with washing up lol.

It's not on the site :( such a shame as ive heard quite a few people rave about it in my search and it sounded lush. It's the manicure/pedicure one isn't it? Think they now just do that in chamomile mint (stop with the mint!!!) and a lemon fragrance. The lemon sounds nice, but there's no matching soak sadly. Plus some people associate lemon fragrances with washing up lol.
Use the mint soak? Then lemon everything else? X

The chamomile mint doesn't have a soak either. From what I can see in the catalogue there's a manicure effervescent soak and a pedicure liquid soak. I just want it all to match! It's really weird that it doesn't.

I'm trying to look up La Palm, the ranges are all complete fragrances, dual use mani pedi and packing looks nice and spa like! Just wish I could find some more info.

I use Nubar, they are cruelty free and vegan which is one of the reasons I chose them. The masque they do is warming, it heats up when applied. None of the range is minty/menthol which is a nice change, I really don't like minty scents! I have tried Kaeso previously and in comparison Nubar products are not nearly as strongly scented, but personally I prefer this.

The Konne latte range is supposed to be coffee scented, I describe it to clients as a vanilla/coffee/chocolate scent, it is quite sweet and not an obviously coffee smell, one client thought it smelled like honey. The other one I have is sherbet splash, which is fruity but not overwhelmingly perfumey-fruity smelling, so if you like really strong fragrances they may not be strong enough for you. Hope that helps :)

Ooh Lilachaze, that helps loads thank you! Your scent descriptions are really helpful as most people seem to describe the Kona latte as just vanilla. Personally I'm a little mindful of really strong scents as some people can be very sensitive to them. The nubar range looks really nice and professional! What are the results like? Do you use anything else?

I've only just started using them, my business is very new. (I bought kaeso when I was at college last year, the college used some v cheap basic stuff.) The foot butters seem quite nourishing without being too greasy, and I like the sugar scrub, (a nice amount of scrubby-ness if that makes sense!), clients seem to like the products as well. I'm not using any other products at the mo, I think it might be good if they also did a callus removing product like other brands do, but I just rely on a good foot file for now.

I would say the downside is Nubar is quite expensive. But Ellisons sell the mani/pedi range so you can stock up on VAT free days, also palms extra do offers sometimes.

Hi I use the SpaRitual range and I love it! I use the instinctual range witch contains Indonesian Ginger and is warming and stimulating. The range smells lovely and my clients love it. I trained with NSI and they used the range so I went with it and really enjoy using it. Product wise I use the cuticle cream, soak or soaking salts, exfoliating refining mask and then the body lotion. There are a few different ranges but this is nice for winter [emoji4]x

Thanks Lilachaze. It's pricier than some but still reasonably affordable once u add it all up. I know what you mean, I wish they did matching soaks instead of just the waterfall. Ellisons don't seem to have many products but palms extra have loads and I think they're vat during Olympia.

Thanks Luxebeauty, I found the range so confusing! Ooh that sounds lovely for winter! I rang them and asked for some samples, they said they don't normally but they'll see what they can do. Fingers crossed!

Is the cuticle cream a pre soak softening massage cream, cuticle remover, or cuticle moisturiser? I like the idea of an exfoliating mask!

Xx

Thanks Lilachaze. It's pricier than some but still reasonably affordable once u add it all up. I know what you mean, I wish they did matching soaks instead of just the waterfall. Ellisons don't seem to have many products but palms extra have loads and I think they're vat during Olympia.
Xx

Yes I wish they matching soaks as well! Just to let you know, palms are doing vat free on their website from today, I think the offer lasts til Wednesday x

I do think Spa Rituals look like a lovely brand, I went with nubar as I wanted to use Gelicure so I decided to have all one brand for now, however I would definately consider Spa Rituals if I wanted to change in future. Like you though I find the product ranges a little confusing.

Thanks Luxebeauty, I found the range so confusing! Ooh that sounds lovely for winter! I rang them and asked for some samples, they said they don't normally but they'll see what they can do. Fingers crossed!

Is the cuticle cream a pre soak softening massage cream, cuticle remover, or cuticle moisturiser? I like the idea of an exfoliating mask!

Xx

Hi yes the cuticle cream is a pre soak cream and smells amazing! It's a nice touch, I word it as a cuticle masque.

They exfoliating mask contains algae that eats away at the dead skin as well as being a a really fine gritty feeling scrub.

I always get mine from NSI and they do sample packets that you can order. You do have to pay for them but it's a good way to try the products out.

I sound like an ambassador lol but I just love the products. The packaging is gorgeous too and I have a couple of the branded towels too which looks really professional. Clients always comment on how nice my set up is.

They are a bit pricey but I think if you are using premium products you can charge that little bit more. A lot if my clients also like that the products are vegan friendly too x

These are the samples. Great to give to clients too!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1442656817.372911.jpg

Latest posts

Back