That's it ... Decision time!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
Hi all

After having a little salon since 2004, and, having moved to what I thought was a better location, I am deciding whether to go mobile or not.

I am planning to go mobile to lessen my overheads for the time being. Turnover at the salon has not improved in almost 12 months.

If I go mobile the overheads will be much lower. I still have my existing client base, and when and if the time is right, and my client base has expanded (hopefully) I could go back into renting a room at a hair salon in the future.

I have marketed the salon, advertised the salon (useless waste of time). Yellow Pages/Yell.com have been the best of the paid advertising. Word of Mouth does work.

Unless I have forgotten anything, being mobile, my overheads would be my car, Prof indemnity insurance, supplies, phone etc etc.

Any ideas folks???

:-((:)irked:

hey babe sorry to hear that ... hope you're well otherwise

im guessing no suitable spare room at home ?

is going mobile (fuel, time wasted getting between clients) more economical than going straight into renting a room in a salon now ? salon room could also give you additional clients than those you currently have ?

kxx

Hi Karren

where I have moved to is a rented room at a hair salon. But it is just not working. And I am getting fed up making suggestions to the staff downstairs about ideas of how to work together.

My idea was to put small ads at the bottom of the mirrors offering to paint nails when colour was being done. That went on deaf ears. space is too tight to do nail painting downstairs. The clients would have to come upstairs to my little nail table, which shouldnt be a problem when they are sitting around for 40 mins for their colour to take.

I just feel that I have had a tough few years and the overheads are now killing what business I do have. I feel that I need to start again but at least this time I have a proper clientbase.

xx

its frustrating but no point flogging a dead horse !

some people are so short sighted arent they

you've made the right decision, its an exciting time now to regroup, replan and look to your new future, i believe, no matter how frustrating, things do happen for a reason and there is always something better just around the corner, you'll find your perfect home soon enough babe and someone like minded and passionate who'll work with you for all clients, theirs and yours

there are so many fresh, always evolving, caring, fabulous passionate people out there, its a shame we're not local to each other, we'd have a real kick ass exciting salon thats for sure !

chin up chica, im just at the end of a pm if i can help in anyway

xx

Hi Karren

where I have moved to is a rented room at a hair salon. But it is just not working. And I am getting fed up making suggestions to the staff downstairs about ideas of how to work together.

My idea was to put small ads at the bottom of the mirrors offering to paint nails when colour was being done. That went on deaf ears. space is too tight to do nail painting downstairs. The clients would have to come upstairs to my little nail table, which shouldnt be a problem when they are sitting around for 40 mins for their colour to take.

I just feel that I have had a tough few years and the overheads are now killing what business I do have. I feel that I need to start again but at least this time I have a proper clientbase.

xx

Thanks Karren, for the encouragement. I just feel its time to do just that! Who knows what is round the corner ???

xxx

Its been a tough year for everyone. We're in a recession and the first thing to go are luxuries ie beauty! Dont forget that a lot of people go to salon as their escape time. They go there to relax and be pampered. Not all of your existing clients may want to become mobile clients. Just something to think about!!

I had thought that too but I have asked all my clients and they are happy for me to visit them or for them to visit me if I decide to become mobile.
xxx

I had thought that too but I have asked all my clients and they are happy for me to visit them or for them to visit me if I decide to become mobile.
xxx

And i hope they do. From experience it is a different clientele who use mobile therapists to those who go to salons. There is a market for both.

Latest posts

Back