The best foundation for bridal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss.Hanna

Reaction score
Hiya,
I'm looking to start up buying my pro kit for bridal makeup (before I just used my own, as I have several shades and just mixed!). I'd love to get some giorgio armarni foundation, but its just too expensive! Can anyone recommend any good brands of foundation that I can start to build my kit up with? Perhaps a palette, or just a brand that I can buy some shades to mix - obviously I'm looking for flawless coverage that looks natural and lasts! I think the foundation base is the most important thing, so really want to get it right!
Many thanks :)
Ami x

Id suggest you do a search. This has been discussed a lot.

Hi I'm trying to build up my kit more too and I've been thinking about the Bobbi Brown BBU palette. You get a good range of shades and as it's Bobbi Brown you know it's good stuff. The price scared me a little at first but then when I thought about it I'd probably be spending about that if not more on individual bottles so I feel it's worth it. Only down side is that I'd either have to travel to buy it or get it online which I hate doing lol.
There's a few other companies who do something similar to the BBU palette at cheaper prices. Have a look at the PAM website(hope that's right apologies if I've got it wrong). I first went to their stall at IMATS and it was brilliant. Their shop is in London I think but you can order everything online.
Hope something in that ramble has helped :)

That's great, thank you!
I've been reading up and it seems there is some conflicting advice - would it be best to avoid mineral makeup for bridal because of the camera flash etc?

Hi, I would invest in at least 2 different foundations, with at least 4 colours for each foundation, a light + darker shade in both cool + warm tones. You need at least 2 foundations because you won't get one that effectively copes with oily + dry skins, plus allergies etc

Its the SPF in foundations that can cause it to look white in photographs, its not exculsive to mineral make up + I can think of a few mineral make up that doesn't contain any at all

What I use for all weddings, photshoots, fashion shows etc is Face Atelier + Cinema Secrets, both are SPF free. The Cinema Secrets come in pro palettes too

I actually distribute both so if you want to know any more about them just ask

Dior Airflash is amazing, pricey though... But keep it in mind for the future! Airbrushed look with a flawless finish

Thanks everyone, I've just purchased some Graftobain palettes and some Cinema secrets stuff! Can't wait for it to arrive and to try it out :-D
Do we all tend to stick to lipsticks for bridal or lipgloss? I've combined the two before, but I'd like to give the lip product to the bride after, does anyone know where I can buy small samples from??

Hi, I would invest in at least 2 different foundations, with at least 4 colours for each foundation, a light + darker shade in both cool + warm tones. You need at least 2 foundations because you won't get one that effectively copes with oily + dry skins, plus allergies etc

Its the SPF in foundations that can cause it to look white in photographs, its not exculsive to mineral make up + I can think of a few mineral make up that doesn't contain any at all

What I use for all weddings, photshoots, fashion shows etc is Face Atelier + Cinema Secrets, both are SPF free. The Cinema Secrets come in pro palettes too

I actually distribute both so if you want to know any more about them just ask
Oo I love bare minerals but my face always looks White on pics due to SPF , which mineral foundations don't contain this ? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back