The best gel out there?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridget8

Reaction score
Hello

We are a bit new to this and are interested in introducing gel nail polish services in our salon. Can I ask about people's preferences for different gels, shellac, gelish, Jessica Geleration, etc.

What have you found the best to use and why.

Thank you for your comments :)

I offer both Gelish and Shellac as they are two different products. Gelish is more of a gel polish with a fab colour selection especially for Summer bright colours.

Shellac is labelled as a power polish, this is because it has the staying power of a gel and the consitancy of a polish. The colours again are lovely and personally I prefer Shellac for Autumn and Winter colours.

I've only just completed my training with Sweet Squared for Shellac so fellow Geeks please do correct me if I'm wrong however Shellac may not be the best option for those with really brittle nails and nails that peel easily, Gelish tends to be stronger for these clients as you have the added benefit of a product called Structure Gel.

You will find though that everyone's answers will be different and it will all depend on what will work well for you and your clients.

There are only two loves for me, and that is Gelish and CND Brisa Gel

I use Shellac aswell. This s good, but I am still a Gelish girl.

Gelish is just so much better in my opinion to apply, and the shine is gorgeous.

Brisa is just by far, also my opinion.... the best gel to use. It isn't runny, it is easy to work with, and also gives a beautiful shine. It will let you control it easy, where you want to place it without it runing in a direction you don't want it too.

Hi i would recommend having some applied so you can see for yourself and look at removal of them, some maybe cheaper but are a pig to remove. I use Gelish and its quick removal iv had some clients come for removal of 'others' prior to Gelish and iv really struggled getting it off. Try and do a trade show its a good way of sampling. Im also thinking of adding Shellac, im happy with Gelish just find im being drawn to it and i think sometimes its nice to have a choice :)

I do shellac, mani-q and calgel.....with these 3 very different products I have something to suite everyone........by far shellac is the most popular :hug:

Hi I have used shellac, gelish, gellux and Jessica geleration which is really good and the colours are fab just like the polishes and they go on really well. Shellac have a great range of colours and are reasonably priced too. Hope this helps a bit. :)

I have trialled many, the best for me is Bellissima Gel by the founders of Calgel USA

Latest posts

Back