The BOM?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JodiFox

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of these?

They've contacted me several times. I've attached the last text as a picture.

Firstly I don't find texting very professional and I don't advertise with people that contact me. Just wondered if anyone uses them?

Sent from my C5303 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1375283281523.jpg
    1375283281523.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 657
I saw their advert on facebook this week but never heard of them before that! X

There's a thread on this already somewhere. Try and find it, they contacted me as well.

Steer clear. Look at their website. See the offers they are advertising and work out how much profit you will make after your costs, the franchise fee they charge you (which is impossible to find out how much without first listening to their aggressive sales pitch), the costs of the Belgian chocolates and prosecco you apparently serve to all clients. I wouldn't get out of bed for it, that's for sure!

Thought as much! Sounds ridiculous. Had a search on here but nothing came up, maybe because i'm on my phone.

How do they lure people in I wonder?

Thought as much! Sounds ridiculous. Had a search on here but nothing came up, maybe because i'm on my phone.

How do they lure people in I wonder?

Because they hound and hound them and promise 40 clients a week. Who wants to be a busy poor person?! Sadly people seem to equate being busy with being successful. Turnover and profit are 2 VERY different things!

I don't get how someone can guarantee you 40 clients a week?? Would HATE a job like theirs, to be told no or ignored 1000x a day lol xx

Because they hound and hound them and promise 40 clients a week. Who wants to be a busy poor person?! Sadly people seem to equate being busy with being successful. Turnover and profit are 2 VERY different things!

And you may have to drive 150 miles to get to most of them!

Has anybody heard of these?

They've contacted me several times. I've attached the last text as a picture.

Firstly I don't find texting very professional and I don't advertise with people that contact me. Just wondered if anyone uses them?

I have had several texts worded exactly the same as yours. Had a google because I'd never heard of them either and they have horrendous reviews from clients and therapists. They also have really bad reviews form their other franchise businesses too. Things like bad customer service, they're only bothered about the franchise fee and don't deliver in guaranteed 40 clients etc. Think I'll be staying away from them x

I have a franchise with them, and they are sending me more clients than I know what to do with! My diary is always full, and I make a really good wage out of it. When I signed up they didn't mention anything about 40 clients a week - but they did guarantee 100 clients a year, and they are more than doing that now!

I would be very interested to see how your profit margins are doing since joining. I Imagine the cost of providing Belgian chocs and italian prosecco in crystal flutes to every client without a minimum booking fee must be taking its toll and giving away a third of your treatments free must be tough on top of the fees they charge. You're a braver woman than I but I'm glad it's working for you.

I work for these aswell and tbh its helped me so much I have my own client base in my own town but now with these combined I earn loads more than I ever thought I would! you dont travel that far.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've just joined salon geek to find out any feedback! I've got a meeting with them tomorrow, I've done quite well from referrals from friends and family but really want more! Look forward to meeting them and ill keep you all posted!

Hello! Just logged on and trying to figure out how to post and also join groups, if someone could PM me so I can get more involved in different groups that would be great!
Met with a lady called Emma this morning, she was really lovely and explained everything to me. They've offered me 100 clients every year and that's the 'minimum guarentee' going to give the contract to my partner this evening to read through it too. They seem really genuine and their facebook site is impressive with all the likes and comments, I also pay half price until I get 16 clients which is a bit easier. Lets see how it goes!

From reading someone else's post, lets say you work 50 weeks a year, thats 2 clients per week to stick to their word. Yet is costs you 3-4 clients a week to pay them. That is a quick way to loose money.

You have to work 3-4 clients week in, week out, to pay them. Lets say you get 6 clients. You would have done 6 shellacs to earn yourself £40, does that cover fuel? (What radius do they set you?) & products? for all 6 appointments? If it does, what are you left with? £20? £12? For 6 hours work.

Lets talk bigger numbers, 12 clients... You are looking at earning approx £5 for each of those 12 hours. That doesn't include any 'buy one get one free's' or 'chocolates' etc (if they still state you bring such things).

If you stayed away from a company like this you would only need 5 clients per week to profit the same as 12 clients working with them.

Sorry but you need to work your butt off for someone else, why not just get a salon job & earn more?

Think long & hard, do the maths yourself.

Xx

Last edited:
It scares me that some people can be so naive and fall for a scam like this. People: please please please do the maths!!! It can all sound very attractive but you need to dig deeper to reach the reality.

I haven't fallen for any scam, I did do the maths, and I am most certainly NOT naive! They offered a guarantee (which other franchises do not), at a price that was an awful lot cheaper than some of the other franchises out there. They made no false promises, in fact they made me aware right at the start about the pitfalls. As for the comment regarding working my butt off for someone else - thats the exact reason that I didn't want to work in a salon!! I am 3 months into my 12 month agreement with The BOM, and they have passed me 56 clients so far. They are now my clients and I rebook them myself while The BOM continue to find me new clients. My finances are my own personal business, but I have already stated that I make a really good wage from them. Yes, some weeks are quieter than others - but it would be just the same if I had rented a room, for which I would also have to pay a weekly fee. And as for the £5 an hour - I have NO idea where that came from!! You are certainly entitled to your opinion and if they are not for you, thats absolutely fine - but I am also entitled to my opinion and I am EXTREMELY happy!!!

Steer clear. Look at their website. See the offers they are advertising and work out how much profit you will make after your costs, the franchise fee they charge you (which is impossible to find out how much without first listening to their aggressive sales pitch), the costs of the Belgian chocolates and prosecco you apparently serve to all clients. I wouldn't get out of bed for it, that's for sure!

Ive been with them for a few moths now, and once I've done the discounted one I usually get a re-book for the full price :) my buisness has tripled since I joined them, very worth my time, all the clients have to be within a 15miles of my house and if I want to go work in a different city for the day then they book them there for me :)

my profit has doubled, even though I've had to put some more money into getting bigger to accommodate more clients aka more sheets and towels. I might even be able to go on holiday next year :) something I wouldn't have been able to think about before I started with them

I haven't fallen for any scam, I did do the maths, and I am most certainly NOT naive! They offered a guarantee (which other franchises do not), at a price that was an awful lot cheaper than some of the other franchises out there. They made no false promises, in fact they made me aware right at the start about the pitfalls. As for the comment regarding working my butt off for someone else - thats the exact reason that I didn't want to work in a salon!! I am 3 months into my 12 month agreement with The BOM, and they have passed me 56 clients so far. They are now my clients and I rebook them myself while The BOM continue to find me new clients. My finances are my own personal business, but I have already stated that I make a really good wage from them. Yes, some weeks are quieter than others - but it would be just the same if I had rented a room, for which I would also have to pay a weekly fee. And as for the £5 an hour - I have NO idea where that came from!! You are certainly entitled to your opinion and if they are not for you, thats absolutely fine - but I am also entitled to my opinion and I am EXTREMELY happy!!!

I hope you are doing well, & continue to do so. I wouldn't like to see anyone fail, or loose money. Which is why I am dubious.

After knowing the prices charged (its online) cost per service (for example I used Shellac) approx petrol (£5 per return trip could me more or less obvs) & paying them (up to £80 per week) leaving an hour per service, & dividing any money left over by the hours worked. I didnt include any 3 for 2's, I didnt include any wine or chocolates. I

I'd love to see a therapist go on Dragons den asking for funding for this! 😊

Ive read all about their guarantees with drive dynamics, in the link someone posted above.

Hi Fallen angel, see you've just joined 👋 x

Maybe a just a coincidence but I see everyone with anything good to say are from 'West Yorkshire' and where is the Bom? ...West Yorkshire.

Xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back