The credit crunch!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily22

Reaction score
hi, ive been on maternity leave since may this year and am not sure when im going back yet. Watching the news everyday and seeing major companies going bust makes me feel lucky to not be working at this time! I am a mobile nail tech - i dont do major big advertising etc, i keep my costs as low as poss.. however; if i wasnt on maternity leave at the mo i reckon id be starting to get in trouble as ive only been in business a year so havent quite 'broke even' yet.

I was just wondering how else is coping with the way things are (business wise)? Are you finding the credit crunch is affecting your business?
I was thinking of finishing maternity leave just before christmas but am wondering whether i should just take my full leave and go back in febuary next year?

What credit crunch?

hi, ive been on maternity leave since may this year and am not sure when im going back yet. Watching the news everyday and seeing major companies going bust makes me feel lucky to not be working at this time! I am a mobile nail tech - i dont do major big advertising etc, i keep my costs as low as poss.. however; if i wasnt on maternity leave at the mo i reckon id be starting to get in trouble as ive only been in business a year so havent quite 'broke even' yet.

I was just wondering how else is coping with the way things are (business wise)? Are you finding the credit crunch is affecting your business?
I was thinking of finishing maternity leave just before christmas but am wondering whether i should just take my full leave and go back in febuary next year?

Hi Emily

I would say it depends on whether or not you have to pay for child care. If you are lucky enough not to, then I would return in time for christmas parties etc, otherwise wait. HTH:)

If you can, I would get back and catch the Xmas market. You can always take some more time out after then xx

well, the only ways its affecting us is that people are terrified of spending money, even if they have it in cash in their hands, just incase the whole world collapses and they end up having to go to soup kitchens with the homeless because they cant afford to buy food!
Other than that, Im not really sure how the Crunch effects anyone unless you are TRYING to get credit, or survive on Credit Cards alone. Although, at my business we do use credit cards to assist with Cash Flow.
This last few weeks have been pretty dyer - going back to school, all this news about banks going under, petrol prices not going down etc etc etc has just stopped people spending in their tracks. My only worry is having enough cash through the door to pay all the bills.
People need to stop worrying, the news love a scandal and are ALWAYS writing about bad stuff, if its not Bird Flu is BSE, if its not Terrorists its the Credit Crunch!

The Credit Crunch is highly exagerated, FACT! Its so bad out there that Lloyds TSB are buying HBOS Group for a few Bill. All of you should be using it to your advantage though, yes people are scared we know that. Well do something about it then! If your clients are scared to spend a few quid then give them an incentive to do so, they'll feel pleased in the knowledge that they have saved some money. If you don't you may not see them for a little while. Can you afford to do that? I doubt it as no Business owner can. Stick a sign in your Window on Monday offering every service you do for Half Price for one week only, that will lift the fear any of your clients may have and it'll keep your till churning. If you get a good response then extend it for the next week. Lets face it the good times (Financially) will come again and you'll probably treble the half your so fearful of losing reading this.

Just and idea like!

The credit crunch will pass. Remember the "running out of fuel" dilemma a few years ago, where everyone and his dog queued around the block for petrol and the day after everything was back to normal. Ok, the cost of living has gone up, but the media are making it massive and scaring everyone witt-less. I'm no economics expert but I think it will all come good. Everyone seems to be short of cash or penny-pinching at the mo, but am sure it will all pass. This is of course, my sole opinion, and anything I do say, will be taken down in evidence ........ - lol !! xxxxx

Exactly not everyone will believe the hype and most will continue to do as they always have done, Its better for you to get as much out of the christmas period that you can rather than wait until next year.

Latest posts

Back