The dreaded colour b4

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
Hi all , can anyone give me some last minute advice .

My client , is a fan of colouring her hair herself .

She is a base of between 3/4 coloured ( which she has been for the past year or so ) , with about 1cm of natural regrowth being a level 5 . She wanted to go a bright copper . She has sent me a picture tonight after trying to strip her hair with colour b4 , which has resulted in her having an inch of gingery blond roots and the ends have stayed dark and thrown up loads of red . She is in a state and wants me to help . I've asked her to come to the salon tomorrow and go from there .
I was thinking of doing a strand test with 6% bleach to see how it lifts . I've told her not to expect miracles . She said she doesn't but just wants a normal head of hair .
If the strand test lifts ok say to a level 6 , do you think I could go in and colour with a copper shade , I use igora and was thinking to use 6.77 with a bit of 6.0 on the roots then just 6.77 on the ends with 3%

Or if the strand test lifts a few levels to do a full head of fine foils then a dark semi In between

Or any other suggestions ?

Hi! .. lesson learnt from me putting ANY colour on after a client has used colour before instantly takes to super dark - I would try and even out the colour trying to remove dark patches with bleach & 6 to start and ask her to use treatments at home for two weeks to close the hair cuticle .. then do a strand test & go from there

:) Hope this helps!​

Latest posts

Back