The dreaded Smear Test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeautyRoomClinic

Reaction score
i have one booked for next month there's just one little problem..... The nurse doing it is one of my clients :eek: i will never be able to look her in the eyebrows again haha now i know how my bikini wax clients feel....

On my last one I had a trainee nurse! It took about 40 minutes and I nearly went through the ceiling. Never, ever again will I let a trainee do it. Be warned!

40mins!!!! Oh my days what the hell was she doing, i have not had a trainee but once i had a bunch of medical students in to observe talk about embarrassing

I have no idea what she was doing but according to the supervising nurse she kept doing it wrong and hurting me immensely. I think it was her first time. They've got to start somewhere. I had tears streaming down my face. If I had known what it entailed I would never have agreed to it. There I was thinking I was doing the NHS a favour.

Like we do beauty at college, they should all practise on each other! Lol.

I managed to ping that big metal thing across the room "gosh you've got strong muscles" says the nurse. Ahh the shame of it!!! :(

I've been asking for a smear test for ages yet to no avail have they agreed. Just because i'm under 25 which in my eyes is ridiculous when i know damn well somethin is wrong!! I always thought if you had a child you were meant to have them anyway.

Anyway, sorry to rant haha hope all goes well for you. Is it just a routine check?

i have one booked for next month there's just one little problem..... The nurse doing it is one of my clients :eek: i will never be able to look her in the eyebrows again haha now i know how my bikini wax clients feel....

My first one was done by one of my easyJet regular passengers. Couldn't believe it when I walked in and she was the nurse. She spent the whole time asking how to get speedy boarding and the best seats.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I managed to ping that big metal thing across the room "gosh you've got strong muscles" says the nurse. Ahh the shame of it!!! :(

Haha it must be a Geordie thing! I went for a loop biopsy and the doc made me laugh and it shot out and hit him in the face!!!!

That's strange I went for my first one this morning! Why is it dreaded? Mines took 5 minutes, was a wee bit uncomfortable but nothing I can't deal with and it could potentially save your life! Never understood why people dont go and get it done, especially today when I realised its absolutely nothing lol!
I must have no shame I wasn't even embarrassed! But then I done my kim lawless training a few weeks ago and had to get my bits out to 8 other people in the room haha. It's her job she will be fine, like you are with bikini clients haha Xx

Oh no, Is there not another nurse free to do it? I am such a prude anyway this would be my worst nightmare. If there's not then I would just have to grin and bare it, just think about when you do a bikini wax or spray tan. You're not actually paying any attention to there 'bits' you're just getting the job done. Good luck what ever the outcome, I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think xx

Haha it must be a Geordie thing! I went for a loop biopsy and the doc made me laugh and it shot out and hit him in the face!!!!

How about a competition? :) Geordie Olympics!

You'd be a hit in Thailand.

I sprayed glitter on my fandangles instead of deodrant when I last went. Nurse said 'I see you got ready for it' :o:eek:

I have also pinged said metal thing across the room. And nurse made comment about pelvic floor muscles too-Awkward!!!

I sprayed glitter on my fandangles instead of deodrant when I last went. Nurse said 'I see you got ready for it' :o:eek:

That has just made me laugh so much.

"We put the treat in your treatment"

Lol that made me laugh out loud x

I just been today !! I had to cough as apparently it was hiding!! 😱 x

I just been today !! I had to cough as apparently it was hiding!! 😱 x

What the hell was hiding lol!!! O sorry but this thread is hilarious!!!

Latest posts

Back