The Edge gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyd

Reaction score
hi there all,

i am just starting to teach myself gel nails, as i always use backscratchers tip and overlay. i have a 9 watt uv lamp and was wondering if you knew how long to cure the gel for.

any tips would be handy for the gel nails as im just practicing on myself.

many thanks
tracyd

Thank you. i am only doing them on myself at the moment though so no client is in danger!!!

Thank you. i am only doing them on myself at the moment though so no client is in danger!!!
The thing is, it doesn't matter whether it's a client or just on yourself, if you're not using the product correctly then you won't get the best out of it. You're practising but don't know whether you're practising the right way or not. That's why it's so important to take a conversion class :hug:

Hi, I have bought some Edge gel, pink,white and clear, (im training at college) to practice with, i have a Rio lamp, 11 watt.My nails are just not curing, Although i did a set of gel overlays on my sisters toenails and they worked perfect, i have asked for extra advice from my college tutor and had a read through here too, Im not building my gel up too thick and i am follwing manufacturers instructions, im wondering if it is because im using a rio lamp and edge gel? Should i not worry about investing in another lamp ? As i have read the wattage only speeds the process up? Whilst practising curing for 3 mins is ok for me as i can be doing the other hand.

thanks for reading, hope you can help.
Alex :confused:

alexandra, the most likely reason is that the rio lamp is not a professional piece of equipment.

the wattage of the lamp gives a guide on power but the important factor is the u.v output of the bulbs.
the inferior brand is most unlikely to use a quality bulb so the uv output is probably going to be inferior as well.

i would recomend that you buy a professional lamp that is recomended by the brand of gel you are using. to be honest i'm rather surprised that your college tutor didnt advise you that too.

My advise would be to invest in a conversion course with a reputable professional company and invest your time and money into the correct training, products and equipment.

Latest posts

Back