The Gel Bottle or Ink London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elegant

Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback on both The Gel Bottle & Ink London, durability, removal etc.

I'm currently using Shellac which I love but it doesn't suit all my clients so looking to bring in a 2nd brand which is I harder wearing.

TIA xx

I’ve used both and prefer TGB. Durability is second to none. Removal takes a bit of practice but once you understand proper application, removal is a dream at 8 minutes. Pigments are amazing in TGB and 2 coats is enough for 99% of colours. We hold 250 colours. Love it.

I actually use both those systems. I started using INK's iLac and TGB's BIAB a year ago and since TGB brought out their LED lamp I have been using their gel polish as well.

I absolutely love INK! I find iLac applies really well and lasts well too. They now have their strong rubber base (Flubber) which definitely makes the nails stronger and the gel polish last longer but it's not quite as strong as TGB's Builder in a Bottle (BIAB), which is an amazing product! If you do a lot of overlays or extensions I would highly recommend it. I have found their gel polishes very good too. They have lots of colour choices!
As most my clients have infills I tend to just file off the gel polish but I have soaked off and both gel polishes soak off easily but both will take longer if you have BIAB or Flubber underneath. (BUT both ARE soakable, which is a big plus!)

I have always found INK very professional. Deliveries have always been prompt as well. TGB have had their fair share of teething troubles which hopefully they are puttIng behind them but be prepared for popular products to be out of stock and very slow delivery times when they have a sale on.

Thanks for the feedback, they both sounds like fab products. Its the gel polish ranges and the durability of the product which I’m most interested in. It’s for my natural nail clients who can’t wear shellac because it doesn’t last on them, I know it will vary client to client depending on the condition of their natural nails and their lifestyle which is why I’m wanting to bring in a brand which will give them a longer wear time.

I personally found that TGB was stronger that INK x

Latest posts

Back