The grey/silver thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say the root area is about 80 % grey. I was just hoping that I could of lifted the root area using colour?
so your saying I'm not going to get her roots lifted without using bleach?

Pretty much you're nor gonna achieve a clean white looking colour without bleach.

Ok, sorry to be stupid! I had hoped i would of just been able to lift it slightly using colour to get the desired 10/8 result.
So if I'm going to have to bleach her hair I would then use the 10/8 as the toner with pastel

Ok, sorry to be stupid! I had hoped i would of just been able to lift it slightly using colour to get the desired 10/8 result.
So if I'm going to have to bleach her hair I would then use the 10/8 as the toner with pastel

Yes.

How Would you advise getting to this tone guys......

I'm torn between so many cocktails! I'm going out of my mind!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455655829.217823.jpg

I've a question for people with grey/silver hair. I don't know if it's been asked as not read the whole thread!
My hair at the moment has blonde me steel blue on it.
It's faded out tons but obviously when I put the steel blue on it doesn't come out the same colour as the first time (as its not on white hair it's on wishy washy silver)
So do you remove the washed out tone or just re tone, if that makes sense?! X

Whenever I've done mine it's always faded out so I retoned to white and then reapplied the grey toner I would of thought to get the best you'd bleach and warm water to remove left over tone and reapply grey to get the best result? X

Whenever I've done mine it's always faded out so I retoned to white and then reapplied the grey toner I would of thought to get the best you'd bleach and warm water to remove left over tone and reapply grey to get the best result? X

I just put mine over my faded grey, I know it would look better to remove the old first but such a faff when your doing it yourself [emoji17]x

I just put mine over my faded grey, I know it would look better to remove the old first but such a faff when your doing it yourself [emoji17]x
Yeah I know what you mean! How did it turn out compared to the first time you did it? X

Yeah I know what you mean! How did it turn out compared to the first time you did it? X

Crap really! I've been grey/lilac now since July & it's never been as nice as that first time! X

My client has been having her hair bleached for quite some time using wella blondor and 6% only ever on the root area what colour do u suggest to get it like an ash silvery colour plz I thought I might try ct 8/81 thanks in advance

If someone came in with the goal for this colour and they wernt light enough (say level 5, 6,7) what would be peoples plans of action to try and lift it light enough? Sounds like a simple enough question I know... i just cant picture myself ever been able to do it... and people keep asking lol

If someone came in with the goal for this colour and they wernt light enough (say level 5, 6,7) what would be peoples plans of action to try and lift it light enough? Sounds like a simple enough question I know... i just cant picture myself ever been able to do it... and people keep asking lol
I'd say bleach x

My client has been having her hair bleached for quite some time using wella blondor and 6% only ever on the root area what colour do u suggest to get it like an ash silvery colour plz I thought I might try ct 8/81 thanks in advance
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1455801688.989918.jpg
i used fudge t02 toner for this x

You'll get a 7 to a 10 easy, 6 may take a bit more work and 5 even more. Depends on how much build up there is as well and think about in the long run can the client keep up with the roots? Are they a more low maintenance client?

You'll get a 7 to a 10 easy, 6 may take a bit more work and 5 even more. Depends on how much build up there is as well and think about in the long run can the client keep up with the roots? Are they a more low maintenance client?
Im just sort of generalising really, as ive told you in past i get a lot of dark haired girls wanting big big changes. Had a girl come in today shes about a 6 with box colour. Shes told me her history but i dont think its honest as i dont think she remembers whats on it... not sure how she wouldactually deal with it she's a new client

Can I ask why you can't use highlift tone, don't mean to sound stupid but I done a colour course at sallys (wasn't a specific brand, it was practical but picked the teachers brains) I asked the trainer about toning etc and she said you van use anything on the colour chart to tone so I said even highlifts and she said yeah so bit confused, thanks

Can I ask why you can't use highlift tone, don't mean to sound stupid but I done a colour course at sallys (wasn't a specific brand, it was practical but picked the teachers brains) I asked the trainer about toning etc and she said you van use anything on the colour chart to tone so I said even highlifts and she said yeah so bit confused, thanks

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Highlift has unnecessary ammonia which equals unnecessary damage.

If manufacturers don't state using 11-12 line colours to tone then you shouldn't don't listen to the woman in sallys.

Highlifts are designed specifically for lifting, the ammonia content is very high compared to regular tint so using them on pre-lightened hair would just destroy it.

Latest posts

Back