The grey/silver thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1457185382.233221.jpg

Hey guys any idea on a concoction for this colour, I was thinking wella 1:1 10.0+ 10.88 on the top then 10.88 on the bottom with added 0.88?

Any advice muchus appreciated xx

Yeah but do ditch the 10/0 and just do 10/88 on the top then 10/88 and 0/88.

i have a question that i am hunting for an answer for..... if you're client wants a dark steel grey on the ends do i have to make sure she has the lighest base i can get before going grey or can she be lifted to around an 8 and it will work? she doesnt want a light grey. any help appreciated. being honest we havent had many clients wanting grey so havent actually done it yet, but dont want to have to lift to a 10 base or higher if its not needed

i have a question that i am hunting for an answer for..... if you're client wants a dark steel grey on the ends do i have to make sure she has the lighest base i can get before going grey or can she be lifted to around an 8 and it will work? she doesnt want a light grey. any help appreciated. being honest we havent had many clients wanting grey so havent actually done it yet, but dont want to have to lift to a 10 base or higher if its not needed
Still needs to be the cleanest base you can get it too if it's a blue based grey and there is any yellow tones there it will go a greeny colour try and tone to a white before applying the grey toner

Hi, need advise really! To have dark roots with granny grey......would a 10.1 and 1.0 in alfaparf work with a dot of graphite in? My client doesn't want them just black! Please advise! Very much appreciated x

Hi! Please help meeee lol
This is my clients hair, what ive been doing for a while is - roots 7/81 20vol illumina going into 7/31 20vol then into bleach. Toned with 9/60 and pastel.

Now she wants to go grey. But all over.... Would you highlight or scalp bleach? I'm scared if I scalp bleach it will be extremely yellow.... Also if it is shall I tone with 9/60 to make it white and then apply my grey shade?
That's another thing all together I'm not even sure which grey shade to use? I'm mobile so it's hard to stock everything I'm going to do some test pieces before hand.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462225358.174073.jpg

I would be doing the test cuttings with bleach first before even giving her an answer of wether it can be done in one sitting or not depending on how much build up there is on the mids. Everyone has a grey formula that they like the best so i would go through the silver/grey threads (there's a fair few) and see what everyone's uploaded and the formulas they have used! Also get her to send you pictures of what she would like! I tone to white first so I've got an even clean base and no yellow so I can get the cleanest grey/silver colour. Hope this helps x

Cassie97 your attitude stinks

Hi! Please help meeee lol
This is my clients hair, what ive been doing for a while is - roots 7/81 20vol illumina going into 7/31 20vol then into bleach. Toned with 9/60 and pastel.

Now she wants to go grey. But all over.... Would you highlight or scalp bleach? I'm scared if I scalp bleach it will be extremely yellow.... Also if it is shall I tone with 9/60 to make it white and then apply my grey shade?
That's another thing all together I'm not even sure which grey shade to use? I'm mobile so it's hard to stock everything I'm going to do some test pieces before hand.
View attachment 196775

Her hair looks lovely at the moment, if she wants it grey you can still do it in highlights but the overall look will be quite a bit darker than if you did highlights.

You've got her ends really light so there shouldn't be any reason why you can't get her mid lengths and roots.

I like your use 7/89 + 8/81 with a dot of /88 mix all in colour touch .

But we don't have illumina in our salon yet, I really want it !!!

Good luck and show us some pics afterwards x

Latest posts

Back