The humble tomato-is it or isn't it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As a bloke im much more a meat eater kind of peep and which has grown very much so since living down under and have never really been a veggie kind of guy ..probably cos as a kid we were forced to eat our greens before leaving the table...unfortunately my father was a great lover of Brussels sprouts :eek::Scared::rolleyes::grr::lol:

That said I do love a good tamato ...or is it tomato lol...in fact I cant get enough

I believe that a tomato is in actual fact a fruit and one that is the most consumed fruit by far worldwide ...which I can see why as it is so versatile and tastes so yummy raw,in a curry or a burger

We are constantly reminded to have a well balanced diet and have a daily intake of "five a day "

My question is ...is a tamato...or even a tomato deemed as one of our five a day ???

If so then im a lucky man :wink2::lol::lol:

My understanding is that if it has seeds, then it's a fruit and yes it's one of your five a day! I love tomatoes too and eat a lot of them.

My understanding is that if it has seeds, then it's a fruit and yes it's one of your five a day! I love tomatoes too and eat a lot of them.

yey...so if your right...a result..yum yum yum :Love:

We used to eat them dipped in sugar, like strawberries. I love tomatoes, vine ripened best. Or the sweet ones out of our own garden.

My favourite salad is with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese, and a splash of balsamic.

We used to eat them dipped in sugar, like strawberries. I love tomatoes, vine ripened best. Or the sweet ones out of our own garden.

My favourite salad is with tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese, and a splash of balsamic.

will you stop :evil:...your making me hungry :eek::lol::lol:

Your avatar makes me chuckle.....lots.

Tomatoes are just beautiful if you get them off the vine, the cheap cherry tomatoes are just tasteless in my opinion.

I eat mountains of tomatoes (along with everything else that is edible)

Your avatar makes me chuckle.....lots.

Tomatoes are just beautiful if you get them off the vine, the cheap cherry tomatoes are just tasteless in my opinion.

I eat mountains of tomatoes (along with everything else that is edible)

look into my eyes ..look into my eyes ....your eyes are a gettin heavy

:lol::lol:

im with you on the cheap cherry ones...don't get them at all...that said I hear kids just love em :wink2::lol::lol:

im wondering.....just how many ways are there to serve up tomatoes or tamato's are there?????

hank on a mo missus ...does that mean that pumpkins, courgettes, peppers(or capsicums ),chillies, aubergines are fruit's also

wow there is so much to be learnt each and every day :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Tomatoes that have been cooked are better for you than raw ones.

Tomatoes that have been cooked are better for you than raw ones.

why is that ...and what benefits are there in terms of nutrients and/or vitamin's that tomatoes offer and what are they good for ???

wow...never thought in a million years I would be talking about tomatoes ....tamatos yes...but never tomatoes :eek::lol::lol::Love:

hank on a mo missus ...does that mean that pumpkins, courgettes, peppers(or capsicums ),chillies, aubergines are fruit's also

wow there is so much to be learnt each and every day :eek::lol::lol::hug:

They are technically a fruit! Sounds strange, I know. Look it up.:biggrin:

They are technically a fruit! Sounds strange, I know. Look it up.:biggrin:

google sure is a wonderful thing ....wow that's cool...so if there not a vegetable that means I can eat them now then :wink2::eek::lol::lol:

wow ...well I just never realised just how clever these yummy things are ..who would have thought :Love:

Did you read all 5 of the facts? I think nr 1 is the most important. I love tomato sauce, home made with just a small amount of onions and parsley. Works perfectly with pasta.

And don't forget sun dried tomatoes. Chopped and sprinkled over just about anything. You've got me at it now too!

wow ...well I just never realised just how clever these yummy things are ..who would have thought :Love:

but hang on just one sec...you never answered....so why are cooked tomatoes better for you than raw ones ????

One big advantage to eating tomato-based products is that tomatoes are one of the few vegetables (OK, they're technically a fruit) that retain some of their important phytocompounds like lycopene when cooked. In some ways, processed tomatoes are even more nutritious than fresh because lycopene becomes more available to the body after it's been cooked, and many cooked tomato preparations are concentrated

You were meant to read the link I put up. Lazy :wink2:

Feed them to your dog and they won't burn the grass in the garden when they pee on it too....the wonders of the tomatoe lol

You were meant to read the link I put up. Lazy :wink2:

opps sorry...missed that bit lol

wow these tomatoes thingy's ...so clever who would have thought :Love:

Feed them to your dog and they won't burn the grass in the garden when they pee on it too....the wonders of the tomatoe lol

wow...the never ending wonders of the simple tomato lol

by the way...which brand of moisturiser are you using ...lovely avatar pic ...hopefully not a tomato based remedy :eek::lol::lol:

This humble little fruit is also beneficial to eyesight by maintaining the health of the retina. The list goes on .....:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back