The 'lob'

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeymwxx

Reaction score
Hi All
I just wanted some advice on how you would cut the long bob that all the celebs currently have? Kim K, Ellie Goulding etc. my friend recently went to a salon to have it done and said the cut is far too blunt and sits too heavy at the back and would I sort it out for her. I'm only just qualified and not sure how best to do this. Would you just go round and point cut the ends? Or add some long layers? Or even go round with thinning scissors on the ends? If you were doing the cut from scratch would you angle your sections to have it slightly longer at the front?
Thanks in advance!

Who did you train with?

I'd probably do some layers in there, pull put 90 at the crown and over direct everything else to that 90 crown angle.

So the layers are longer towards the face.

Love long bobs but not one length ones.

Can u upload a pic of the lob I've googled Ellie but can't see a pic of a long bob?

I like the technique where you pull all sections to your guide at the back. It ends up slightly longer in front. Then texturise, either with razor or scissors taking bulk from the mids & ends in a downward sliding motion.

I loooovve that 💕💕 it's not what the op's on about tho I don't think

I loooovve that 💕💕 it's not what the op's on about tho I don't think

I gathered that after I read the thread properly my bad lol. I love it also. If you google image "extreme lob hair there's some lovely ones on there x

Op for the pics above you need to section crown to nape & pull the hair out at 90 (straight out) and take only the corner off (does that make sense? I'm not very good at explaining cutting angles!)

I wanted one like this but the front and sides of my hair was a bit short and thin from breakage. The hairdresser cut the length with a razor and pulled it out at a 90 degree angle at the back and over extended to the crown area and point cut then textured and blended with a razor. Just wish I had had more length at the front to play with.

View attachment 84211

Thanks for all the replies. I trained at a private school in Bishops Stortford. I have only done my level 2. I will have a go on my block at doing some layers as suggested at 90 degrees before I take to my friends head.

I wanted one like this but the front and sides of my hair was a bit short and thin from breakage. The hairdresser cut the length with a razor and pulled it out at a 90 degree angle at the back and over extended to the crown area and point cut then textured and blended with a razor. Just wish I had had more length at the front to play with.

I had this problem too, I put 2 rows of extensions in each side above my ears :) fixed!

Latest posts

Back