The trouble with sisters.....colour advice / ideas needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Janie

Reaction score
My sister is a natural (hard to lift) base 6. Loves being as blonde as possible. With the help of platinium plus on 12% and lots of years of highlights id got her hair to a gorgeous blonde with lots of golds and caramels running through it.

Then all of a sudden she decided she wanted to go copper! :rolleyes: I refused to do it at first and tried to talk her out of it (knowing how much she loves her blonde and how flippin hard id worked to get it to the colour i did). So she brought a box dye and text me telling me if i wouldnt do it she was gonna put the box dye on. I obviously wasnt going to let her do that so ended up doing it! Pre pigged and used majirel 7.44 with extra copper mix and it turned out vibrant and lovely and she loved it. But the bleach pushed through as i told her it would, and because she's impatient and couldnt wait for me to sort it, without telling me she put the BOX DYE on it :mad:.She had thrown the box away so i dont know what it was but It clearly had red in it and now her hair is a browny red colour and guess what she hates it (not as much as i do) and wants to go back to blonde again!

So where to go from here???? i know its gotta be a gradual process but im concerned about the amount of bleach under neath and the removing the red aswell, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Janey xXx

That's the trouble with people being impatient! The copper has brought out the red in whatever colour she had put on it. What a shame! So you've only got the colour YOU put on it and the colour SHE put on it. Get her using head and shoulders and perhaps if she can wait for you to colour it you could do a gentle bleach bath and start from scratch?

Thankyou for replying......i gave her a clarfying shampoo and told her to use that to try and get abit of colour out and was thinking similar thing gentle bleach bath or colour remover to try and get back to base level? But what do you think about bleaching again on top of the bleach that was already in it before the copper??

So frustrated with her, it was such a gorgeous colour before.....ive told her not to touch her hair again or i wont be fixing it!

xXx

I'm going to sound the worst sister,daughter on earth with what I'm going to say, I always get colleagues to do my families hair because if you wasn't a hairdresser and they had to go to a salon and pay a hefty price would she be so fussy, think not. I did my sisters hair a few years ago and she'd have mix of hilights and chocolate red then she'd text and say could I put a few more blondes in of a few more lowlights. In the end I said no for the reason of her thinking she could have what ever colour she wanted. If I said to her that her hair was dry she'd tend not to listen thinking I was nagging but with my colleague she says what she thinks and my sister isn't resistant to another person telling her how difficult it is to lift a colour or tell here what she can and can't have. Bet I sound a bitch now lol

Thankyou for replying......i gave her a clarfying shampoo and told her to use that to try and get abit of colour out and was thinking similar thing gentle bleach bath or colour remover to try and get back to base level? But what do you think about bleaching again on top of the bleach that was already in it before the copper??

So frustrated with her, it was such a gorgeous colour before.....ive told her not to touch her hair again or i wont be fixing it!

xXx

Paul Mitchell shampoo 3 is great for stripping colour, obvs can only strip so much but it's a start :)

Ha ha simba, i completely agree with you to be fair, someone once told me that the worst mistake ill ever make is doing families hair and not charging for it...they were right!

Thank you Sarah, i used to work in a salon that retailed Paul Mitchell, that had completely slipped my mind! Ill get her to get some!

I guess ill just have to take it one step at a time!

xXx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Last edited:
id do a colour remover to see if the colour will strip. Try a test piece. Box dyes are a nightmare, one of my friends did this recently and to make her see sense i call her ginger spice! (pre and post)hehe!

Why is it that sisters/family seem to be more demanding than clients, they always think they know better! One of my sisters NEEDs to have her hair dyed what seems like everythime she changed her clothes, shes never prepared to wait, but moans the entire time!! Her impatience got the better of her, she used a box dye and now ive refused to put anything other than a toner on! xoxo

Well i think she must of washed her hair to within an inch of its life as i saw her yesterday and it definately has stripped abit of the red out, more of a dull brown than than reddy brown....it looks really flat and matt now (that will teach her!!!). So ive taken some test pieces of hair and i shall experiment with them over the weekend!

Thankyou for your suggestions

xXx

Latest posts

Back