They think Creative only do false nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
after having my first pedicure done last month i am now ready and looking forward to having another one.....anyway my local paper has 2 vouchers this week advertising 25% of any beauty treatment from 2 different salons in the town center.......

i phoned the first salon to enquire about prices, products used etc......i was told £20 for a basic pedi...foot soak, dry skin removal with foot scrub and file if needed, cuticle work, nails clipped and filed, leg and foot massage and nails polished, and £25 for a luxury pedi which involved the same as basic but also heated booties, foot mask etc.....they told me they used a range called skin truths which i've never heard of.....

i then phoned the secod salon to enquire....i was told £12.50.....when i asked what was involved i was told foot file, cuticles pushed back, nails filed and then nails polished.........when i asked what products they used she said what do you mean, i said what range of pedicure products do you used is it creative......she then replied with a snigger that creative only do FALSE nails :eek: .....after setting her straight on a few things she then said oh i didnt know that FALSE nail companies also done pedi/mani stuff :eek: ......she then told me that she just used normal moisturising lotion

needless to say i am going to book for a luxury pedicure at the first salon i phoned even though i've never heard of the skin truth products that they use but at least they seem professional and seem to know what they are talking about

stanleyann

Skin Truth are the Beauty Express brand... although 'Skin Truth' itself is the name of the facial products I guess they are lumping them all under the same banner. If you do go, and the products are all greeny-blue and called 'Pedi-cure' (with an accent over the e) then it's the Beauty Express brand. I can't speak for the pedi range but I use the facial range and really like it and know people who like the manicure range, so hopefully you'll be in good hands!

thanks geri.....i'm gonna book to have a pedi next week so my feet look nice with my new toe post sandals....hopefully the sun will come back soon though, its like winter here again, not the kind of weather for bare feet and sandals :irked:

stanleyann

Hiya we used Skin truth at college along with the Pedicure (green stuff)

It is nice but in my opinion nowhere near as nice as Creative

whereabouts in Glasgow are you?

stanleyann said:
after having my first pedicure done last month i am now ready and looking forward to having another one.....

Hi Stanleyann,

Why don't you have another SpaPedicure ?

I know you had the RawEarth the last time (if I'm not mistaken), so why don't you try the Spa one this time ? You will REALLY enjoy it !

River

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking...but which salon in glasgow is it you're going to?

I live in glasgow too and I was thinking about getting a pedicure done. Only thing is I might be a bit embarrased (sp?) to show my feet! :o :)

Latest posts

Back