Things that annoy you in the hairdressing industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked in a salon and they wud put the colour on then if nothing else was ib they wud go in the back roon with a magazine for 39 mins. I used 2 put colour on and pull up a stool and have a natter in freelance now so all my custoners get my full attention. But yes it is uncomfortable and i used 2 make a point of sitting and having a natter. I feel i know all my custoners, there kids, grandkids, where they webt on holiday and even write it in record cards sometimes but the sytlists at that salon wernt interested in gettin to know custoners. Were not all bad though x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Funniest video I have seen in AGES! (and way too true for my liking!)

Haha ! They don't understand that's like booking a table in a restaurant and bringing a pizza with you !

True story, I have seen pretty much the exact thing happen. About a month or so ago, my youngest and I went out for our monthly girl's day, and after shopping we went to a mid-scale Chinese resturant to eat lunch. A family of 9 came in, were seated near us; and from under their coats all but the grandmother and one of the kids pulled out McDonald's bags and started eating fast food, while the grandma and sole kid had the buffet. I was in SHOCK!:eek:

....and then after all the grief (bruises, bloodshed and scars) we get, they moan that we charge too much for kids haircuts!! "But he's only 3 it won't take long" they say. It's only about £10 at my current salon and people complain, they have no idea how tough our job is at times!

At our salon, we have the price menu behind the counter at the front, and all the prices state clearly *STARTING AT* our children's haircuts START at $10 and go up from there, depending on the time taken and honestly, the child themselves. If the kiddo is a wiggly hellion and I get kicked/punched/bitten; them it's gunna cost mom and dad around $20-$25 for one haircut. If they are a PERFECT angel; then I have been known to charge as little as $5 and I've thrown in a sucker for good measure. ;)

I have worked in a few salons where the staff are like this, I'm personally not, my client is my priority and if any conversations are happening between the staff id try and involve my client or ignore the conversation and focus on my client! You're right it's very unprofessional, cliquey behaviour makes me feel uncomfortable so wouldn't want to inflict that onto anyone especially my clients!

I worked in a salon where it was so unprofessional I used to cringe!!! There was chat about how drunk they were at the weekend who was getting off with who and to top it off my boss used to bring her dogs into the salon and they would bark at all the clients jump up and scare the poor kiddies, the dogs bed used to sit behind my station which stunk off fish her dog would be in season and it would mess all over the salon.. Gag...soooo embarrassing. Needless to say I didn't stay!! 😷

I used to be in a similar situation. I once worked in a Salon and the owner brought her hideous little dog in with her. She used to keep him in the staff room and he used to jump on you and beg for f ood and lick his balls while you were eating. It was disgusting. He was a long haired dog and I remember one time, she shampood him in one of the backwashes because he pooped all over himself and the salon absolutely stank!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to be in a similar situation. I once worked in a Salon and the owner brought her hideous little dog in with her. She used to keep him in the staff room and he used to jump on you and beg for f ood and lick his balls while you were eating. It was disgusting. He was a long haired dog and I remember one time, she shampood him in one of the backwashes because he pooped all over himself and the salon absolutely stank!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek mobile app

Omg lol this made me chuckle x

Hahahahahahahaha! I love this thread! One thing that annoys me, is clients who try to tell me how to run my business, ie. 'you should have a Christmas special 20% off', or 'Can I have an appointment on Sunday?' Grrrr I refuse to do Sundays!
And today a new client called and asked for a colour/cut next week (week before Xmas...) after explaining I was well and truly booked out and that I would take her details for the ever growing cancellation list, she got cranky and yelled 'But I want it done before Xmas!!!' I responded with 'Well so do my clients who booked 6-12 weeks ago!'
Oh and as I work from home, clients think I have no life and will work around them! :-/

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back