Things that annoy you in the hairdressing industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha so many i can relate to on this thread.. The main thing that bugs me so much is when the apprentices tell me that im doing things wrong, especially colour it irritates the life out of me considering they haven't even done their colour theory, i also don't get how clients say about layers "i would like 1 layer here, another there and one here" Unless i just cut random chunks its not going to look like that haha. Also when a client is fiddling with their hair after i finish a cut and says one side is longer than the other, no love its because you have your legs crossed i have explained several times! Un cross them and it will be even haha. There are so many i could go on forever, i do hate when i client always looks down i.e on their phones or magazines and stuff i get that but trying to put a foil in first section on the sides is hard enough let alone having to put it in lopsided haha

When a client wants a t section of highlights..

Me: "What side do you wear your parting on?"

Client: "Both"

:|

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

When a client wants a t section of highlights..

Me: "What side do you wear your parting on?"

Client: "Both"

:|

Yes! Annoying.com. Or when you say is that where your parting is? I don't know. Okay is it in that area? I'm not sure. WHAT?!

"id like a restyle please,but don't want much off the length,i don't want layers or a fringe" that one always makes me laugh :rolleyes:

"id like a restyle please,but don't want much off the length,i don't want layers or a fringe" that one always makes me laugh :rolleyes:

This reminds me of yesterday. I had a boy in with one of those long sweepy hairstyles. Only had it cut 4 weeks ago and his mum said he's growing it out. The fringe layers, everything. So nothing off here here or here. I just looked at her and said... So what would you like me to do then? :|

I had a client today who had bleach foils, when I took the foils out to then wash it she says "they look yellow?" Well yes they do atm but once iv washed and dried it, it will look very blonde! Why do clients never let you finish! X

Clients with naturally black hair wanting to be white blonde! And they don't get it done as often as they should, they leave it for 3-4 months! X

I had a lady in today with about 6 coats of xxl black on the ends of her hair wanting to be a level 7 and then kicked off when my tutor explained I couldn't do that as it was a level 3 skill and an day job. Then wanted me to cut layers into her hair as it was "too flat and dull" but wouldn't let me take more than half an inch off!

I had a lady in today with about 6 coats of xxl black on the ends of her hair wanting to be a level 7 and then kicked off when my tutor explained I couldn't do that as it was a level 3 skill and an day job. Then wanted me to cut layers into her hair as it was "too flat and dull" but wouldn't let me take more than half an inch off!

I wanna be blonde - YouTube

Yes! Annoying.com. Or when you say is that where your parting is? I don't know. Okay is it in that area? I'm not sure. WHAT?!

Gosh iv learnt that one the hard way a client came way back with her hair parted. Didn't think to check she never wears her hair like that she must of done it to make me look a complete fool she accomplished it. I think its nest to take use the wide foil and just go right across the top with slices no chance of anything getting missed n weavings pointless in a top box cause if the weave goes through the part you've got dot to dot hair. Thank god those extreme fringes have died a death wear young girls kosher types had loads of hair but a fringe like a comb over!

Gosh iv learnt that one the hard way a client came way back with her hair parted. Didn't think to check she never wears her hair like that she must of done it to make me look a complete fool she accomplished it. I think its nest to take use the wide foil and just go right across the top with slices no chance of anything getting missed n weavings pointless in a top box cause if the weave goes through the part you've got dot to dot hair. Thank god those extreme fringes have died a death wear young girls kosher types had loads of hair but a fringe like a comb over!

Same thing happened to me! Client wanted "just the parting" highlighting I recommended a a T-section as she wore her hair up a lot but she was having none of it and actually had the nerve to tell me how to do my job. Anyway I advised her what I thought was best and made it clear but "did as I was told" needless to say couple of days later she's complaining that the sides are dark and has totally changed the side she parts her hair!!!
After that debacle I'm a lot more firmer with clients lol x

Another thing that annoys me is after talking to your clients about the benefits of using professional products and spending a little bit more, they tell you they have bought some good products from... Home bargains for a quid! Lol x

...ones who have rung up stating they can't afford to have their colour done in a salon and ask if you wouldn't mind applying their box colour for them!! Then stating they will pay me for doing it Grrrrrrr lol

...ones who have rung up stating they can't afford to have their colour done in a salon and ask if you wouldn't mind applying their box colour for them!! Then stating they will pay me for doing it Grrrrrrr lol

Haha ! They don't understand that's like booking a table in a restaurant and bringing a pizza with you !

It really annoys me when parents get picky about their kids haircuts when their child will not sit still for me to cut it!! I do my absolute best, stay calm and try to soothe the child and get the hair looking good despite the child screaming and wriggling, then they ask me to cut more off round their ears etc etc. Am I the only one terrified of accidentally cutting off a child's ear for the sake of a few stray hairs?! Or they say ' can you not cut it into more of a trendy style'? Yeah of course I can while your child is rolling round on the floor screaming! I've had to refuse to continue cutting a boys hair before as I felt he was too upset and we should try again on another day but she insisted and I ended up having to do it while the mum had him laying down on the floor in some kind of headlock, then she was fussy about the haircut! Argh!

It really annoys me when parents get picky about their kids haircuts when their child will not sit still for me to cut it!! I do my absolute best, stay calm and try to soothe the child and get the hair looking good despite the child screaming and wriggling, then they ask me to cut more off round their ears etc etc. Am I the only one terrified of accidentally cutting off a child's ear for the sake of a few stray hairs?! Or they say ' can you not cut it into more of a trendy style'? Yeah of course I can while your child is rolling round on the floor screaming! I've had to refuse to continue cutting a boys hair before as I felt he was too upset and we should try again on another day but she insisted and I ended up having to do it while the mum had him laying down on the floor in some kind of headlock, then she was fussy about the haircut! Argh!

It is really difficult to do! Sometimes I have to stop and say I cannot go any further! They don't realise how hard it is!

I refused to cut a little girls hair because she was kicking me in the stomach, I was 8 months pregnant. I still charged the mum though as it had taken me an hour just to trim her fringe

I was trying to cut a little boys hair who was having none of it. The parents thought it was funny watching him wriggle and scream unfortunately the rest of the salon didn't. Last straw was when he booted me in the stomach and then just missed my face

Latest posts

Back