Things that bug you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Just thought I'd start a thread about the little things in salon life that really grind your gears.. Bug bears of stylists & clients alike. Get it off your chest :)

I'll start;

- bald men who say 'can I have a perm? Hahahaha!' :l

- Clients (usually foreign) who ask for 'one layer' ??!

Or 2 layers haha

Men that say " have you got time to cut my hair.. it will only take you 5 minutes" ...women who cant keep their own hands out of their hair whilst you are working on it, :irked:

Clients that insist in moving their arms all over and wobbling their heads at the same time when their having a convo in the middle if a haircut! Do you really want an uneven hair cut lol

When you doing a clients hair and they move with you as your brushing straightening and just don't keep still it take longer to do there hair!! Kids that don't keep still. When a client books in for one thing then turns round and say actual can I have this or instead of a bw can I have it cut today like u haven't go a full colum back to back with clients xx

The point and cut client

Children! Running everywhere and parents that do no care ! Makes me angry when they keep lifting stuff grrr

Mine is also when the client keeps moving their head , I think they think they are helping but they really aren't or the ones watching you like a hawk ! Like they are checking as you go !
Also when people ask for something that doesn't exist - " I want a blowdry but I don't want it going under , or up or curly or straight , can you do that for me ?" What ? Lol Xx

I liked reading these, one thing that does bug me is when people take your services for granted and they say oh you're ONLY a hairdresser and can you just cut my fringe seeing as I am here, or give me a quick trim at the weekend please. Do they not know that these are our skills and there is a science and logic and training behind it!!! DO NOT take me for granted and I am not a freebie that people can walk upon!!!!!!

Mine is animated clients that move their heads when talking whilst you are trying to weave their foils and not end up with bleach on their scalp ;) stop talking or keep your head still!

No shows.... If only they had the manners to cancel....

Fellow stylists that rearrange your column into some crazy impossible order :) lol

Clients that take the comb out of your hands to 'demonstrate' what they want.

Last minute cancellations or no shows.

Moving heads whilst trying to do extensions and foils...

To name a few!!

Clients that take the comb out of your hands to 'demonstrate' what they want.

Last minute cancellations or no shows.

Moving heads whilst trying to do extensions and foils...

To name a few!!

Haha I'm very protective of my comb!

Another one is clients who like to think they know everything about colour because they've been using box dyes for years :O

Mine also is clients who move there head and when reading have there head right down when trying to blowdry!
Kids who are naughty and parents to Nothing about it..
And same as comments above that some clients ask for one layer... What?!

Clients that keep moving the head while i'm doing highlights!

Clients that keep checking their highlights on the mirror after i rinsed out some foils, or go to the loo so i don't see them checking, and then ask "do you think this is light enough?":irked:

The long haired client wanting a complete change but doesn't want layers , fringe , shaping , curls or anymore than 1/2 inch off ! Errrmm change of parting then ????

KIDS!!! I didn't used toons them before I started hairdressing now I hate them. Clients that keep moving their head when you try to check the lengths on the sides. And ESPECIALLY clients that look in the client book and say what about then!! You don't even know the time slots!!!! Gggrrr

I had a client today try to tell me what shampoo I needed to use on her hair. She wanted a curly blow dry & tried telling me how to do it she even asked for setting lotion to be applied. My colleague joked that I should tell her to do her own bloody hair lol. Some clients need to remember that we are the professionals so let us do our job.

Latest posts

Back