Things that bug you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Head movers
Leg crossers
The "no peroxide" ones
One layer

This is funny :)
1. No shows
2. Clients that want you to cut out strands of grey hair
3. Head movers
4. When asking a client what they would like doing to their hair today they reply "a haircut"
5. When people want a change but don't want layers or a fringe or any length off

'I want to go warmer' OH MY GOD IM GINGER clients!!!! People who read with their head in their actual book/magazine when you're trying to weave highlights or blowdry. People who turn up 20 mins late and still expect everything to be done!

Also I forgot to say a client that swears blinds she doesn't have bleach but she clearly does and when a client has a tinted hair to a base of a 5 or below and want highlights that are as bright as bleach but doesnt want bleach I think sometimes clients think that bleach is like bleach that you use for cleaning the sink untill u educate them on it. The same clients tell you there going on holiday so u recomend a product that has a uv protection and they say its ok the sun will bleach my hair and lighten it 😁 don't think they actually understand that sun is 10 times more damaging than a professional bleach xx

One of mine is clients having bonded hair extensions after full consultation explaining how they need time to set in and should be treated VERY gently they start yanking them or brushing them 2 minutes after youve attached them!! Just to see how they look or if ive put them in securely, obviously!!

clients that have used a box colour at home but "its not permanent don't worry " even though they have 4 inches of very dark regrowth and ginger ends

And also other stylist that half heartedly or dont atall tidy up after themselves!!! That one drives me mad xx

Stylists not cleaning/ sterilising equipment.
Tatty towels
Dusty retail shelves
All staff in the back so not on the shop floor. Or everyone stood at the desk some people are intimidated by this

I also hate the parent that sit or stand right over you when you cut their child's hair. Has one before telling me how to section it and everything thinking she knew all about hairdressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or clients who apparently 'used to be' hairdressers and think they know it all

Haha all of the above but my main ones are,
Late,

No shows,

Last minute cancellation,

Know it all's,

People who think they are better than you because you are a thick hairdresser and what would you know about the world,

Lazy work mate's ( but I work on my own now yipe),

:-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I am mobile & clients who book in for a trim & wanting a complete restyle or say o my sister/mother/ father wants there hair quickly cut while your here ... Another 2hrs later and only booked in half hour lol

Clients:
-late clients who then say i need to be put asap, by the way could I have extra foils
-persistent no shows or last minute cancellers
-noddy heads
-clients who think they understand colour
-clients who give you no indication of what they want at all especially when it's your first time doing them

Staff:
-the smokers-they sneak off out the back even when everyone else is manic
-covering receptionist lunch break-I find covering reception soul destroying ha!
-the ones who never get pulled up on their laziness
-scissor happy stylist
-pushy retail selling it makes me cringe!

To name a few, I bet I will manage to add to this list after a full day tomorrow ;-)

No shows..... This drives me mad!! Then you give 20 mins and call just to make sure not stuck in traffic or you have the wrong day, and they don't answer or get back to your for days, then when they do.... No apology about not showing the other day! Grrrr. An apology works wonders 1st time round! Lol

1 layers make me laugh

Lazy hairdressers!! I used to HATE them, but love them now as I get their clients to fix their hair (dark ends, nat regrowth, wanted highlights, stylist just put bleach 20 root to tip and toned :S)

Thick and chunky underneath hairdressers/bosses

Find I wanna change but I wanna keep the length, the layers, the colour, I wanna grow my fringe funny too .... 'So you want a change but keep it exactly as it is?'

Even though I'm not the most clever person on the planet, I know what I know, so never had people make me feel thick. I do hate people who don't class hairdressing as a job, 'yer but its easy isn't it' 'its not stressful' 'not taxing' ..... 'No no the fact I could chose the wrong angle/colour/advise/styling prod/etc and completely mess up your hair for weeks/months possibly years, isnt slightly mentally draining by the end of the day at all!' 'Or fixing your colour disasters is just simple, anyone could do it :S' lol

I think that my main ones :)

Ohhhhh and the ones that move their head to the left as you comb that side and the right as you comb the right.... You want a straight cut? I have to reset their central position at least 50 times!

Clients that ask you a question and dont listen to your answer or ask your opinion when they dont really care. No shows this drives me MENTAL! So ignorant. And people who are late and think your full day should revolve around them. clients who think they know what they are talking about more than you because...they seen it on youtube

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I agree with all of the above. It's made me chuckle. I hate it when a member of staff is at the desk and you hear her say "oh sorry she is not available then but I can do it for you" and gives the client no other alternative. Get your own clients!

Haha what's the 'point and cut' client? Lol

The point and cut client are those which instead of speaking of an over all shape, they point at different parts of the hair and ask you to cut shorter there. Or if you get started cutting they might point to places where they want it cut, not trusting the overall shape you have started cutting.

[QUOTE=Chantelle

I often use the word pre lightener to soften the blow of the BLEACH word he he xx

I do sum times lol bleach bath cleansing shampoo sounds so much better xx

Don't start on the layer thing it's a constant joke in the salon I work in, it was soo funny one day we had a lady ring up and ask how much per layer , another thing that annoys me is tell u how to do your job also when someone says I want to be blonde but not like peroxide like , and when they say I don't want peroxide in my hair and the people come in with coloured black hair and be like i want to be blonde also my hair doesn't like bleach so I don't want bleach another thing is when teenage girls come in with like waist length hair that's all matted and are like I don't want any thing of the length I don't want layers but i want loads of volume and I want a sweeping fringe starting from the back of my ear and also when the client doesn't even know what they want

Latest posts

Back