Things you overhear!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and my fella went out for a romantic evening. And got stuck next to these two women! Well one of them my god did she talk!!! Her friend barely said two words... She went on and on and on about her love life going down the crapper, about how her last boyfriend was married, then about some course she went on where the bloke taught her self defence, then back to what she wants for a fella and why was she single.. The whole time I was thinking... Cos you don't shut up!!!!!!!!

Emma-Louise

Yes if course I did!
Honestly I am not one if those posters who jump in to challenge others. Far be it from me to judge what anyone wants to post.
Sometimes this site really winds me up
:(

That is just the nature of reading the text. :) I guess we all interpret the words differently. My apologies for assuming I thought the "pointless" remark was aimed at my post.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

That is just the nature of reading the text. :) I guess we all interpret the words differently. My apologies for assuming I thought the "pointless" remark was aimed at my post.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

No problem. I was in a morning grump anyway. Apology accepted xx

You ok? Your not normally in a grump? X

Sent from the catphone

😊 I'm ok Hun thanks for asking, I'm sleep deprived but find it hard to be disciplined with it if you get my meaning. X

You ok? Your not normally in a grump? X

Sent from the catphone

She's upset because her name is going to be dragged through the mud for snogging in public in a small town. :o

As long as he's not married to another town resident I'm sure you'll be fine. :D

"Little people" really? That sounds more derogatory than dwarfism to me.

I never know what to say anymore when I have to describe someone. If theyre from India do you say "that Asian lady"? Asia is massive, I could be referring to a Chinese lady.

And the black/coloured/light brown/African......I'm completely lost on that one. It seems to change every year. And I especially get confused because my elderly clients use all sorts of terms, most of which are probably not accepted but not purposely meant as offensive. None say the N word.

They would say half cast, (which I know is wrong but they don't) I would say mixed race, which was allowed a while ago but is that allowed now? I can't keep up.

Please help.

"Little people" really? That sounds more derogatory than dwarfism to me.

I never know what to say anymore when I have to describe someone. If theyre from India do you say "that Asian lady"? Asia is massive, I could be referring to a Chinese lady.

And the black/coloured/light brown/African......I'm completely lost on that one. It seems to change every year. And I especially get confused because my elderly clients use all sorts of terms, most of which are probably not accepted but not purposely meant as offensive. None say the N word.

They would say half cast, (which I know is wrong but they don't) I would say mixed race, which was allowed a while ago but is that allowed now? I can't keep up.

Please help.

I can't help but I agree with you.
It's the right on people who cause most if it. The actual persons are less sensitive in my experience.
The worlds gone mad assuming everyone is disrespecting everyone else.

I used to like singing baa baa black sheep when I was little.

Not any more. The sheep took offence.

Isn't dwarfism a medical term. .. Failing that call them the 'borrowers' I'm sure that's ok to use. . It was a TV program.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

The sheep took offence, that had me creasing up

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Isn't dwarfism a medical term. .. Failing that call them the 'borrowers' I'm sure that's ok to use. . It was a TV program.

Just laughed out loud at this :D

I have to agree with virtues & mobile manicure.

Im sorry Biljana if you took offence to it but these days its impossible to say something and not offend someone, I think you might just be being a bit picky to be honest, this is a fun light hearted thread and I'm sure the op would like it to stay that way!

Walking down my road a few weeks ago and there was a little boy with his mum he was probably 7 or something and he said can we get chips tonight mum and she replied "no f*ck off!* made me really sad for the boy and was completely unnecessary horrible cow:mad:

Another kid related one! Was in the shop and a man was there with his 3 yound kids and they were messing about and he looked at me and goes "ugh I hate kids" with a smirk on his face like I would find it really funny I replied well mayb you shouldn't have had 3 then! He didnt say anything! I hate seeing people treating their kids like crap in public just makes me wonder how they treat them in private!:(
<3 Stephanie <3

Walking down my road a few weeks ago and there was a little boy with his mum he was probably 7 or something and he said can we get chips tonight mum and she replied "no f*ck off!* made me really sad for the boy and was completely unnecessary horrible cow:mad:

Another kid related one! Was in the shop and a man was there with his 3 yound kids and they were messing about and he looked at me and goes "ugh I hate kids" with a smirk on his face like I would find it really funny I replied well mayb you shouldn't have had 3 then! He didnt say anything! I hate seeing people treating their kids like crap in public just makes me wonder how they treat them in private!:(
<3 Stephanie <3

Why would anyone speak to their children like that!! Although a woman in next did give me a nasty look when I carried Ruby out under my arm like a roll of carpet because she was being a little horror. It was that or a full blown tantrum in next which no-one wants to hear.

he said can we get chips tonight mum and she replied "no f*ck off!*
<3 Stephanie <3

Was it virtues ;)

Seriously though I do sometimes see the way people treat their kids and I just think you poor little thing. Some people don't deserve them x

Sent from the catphone

Ha pre-kid I would have judged people with tantrumy children now I just give them the I know how you feel look! Ha but yeah unfortunately some people dont appreciate their children id never dream of talking to my daughter like that but I see it all the time in my area :/

<3 Stephanie <3

I think Missy meant her own post was pointless

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes that's what I thought too!! This is meant to be a fun/funny thread, & that's exactly what it shall stay,time for some to put the soapbox away one thinks!!&#128521;

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have to agree with virtues & mobile manicure.

Im sorry Biljana if you took offence to it but these days its impossible to say something and not offend someone, I think you might just be being a bit picky to be honest, this is a fun light hearted thread and I'm sure the op would like it to stay that way!

I took no offense. Don't you worry about me :)
I was just saying it's a public forum and as such the public can see it. It seems no one gives a rat's a$$ about what they say these days.
I could care one way or another.
I was done on my last post on the topic of offending others so why bring it up again?

Cleen Cheeks Spa

This post had me laughing out loud. :D

This nearly made me spit my tea out laughing! I am very vertically challenged myself & had mickey taken out of me throughout my entire school years with every nickname imaginable. I imagine if I was at school now I would have claimed to be a victim of bullying and also discrimination at work for the stick I used to get when I first started my apprenticeship at 16! People are very sensitive these days! X

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back