Things you overhear!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissyMuffin

Reaction score
I'm sat in the doctors waiting room and I just heard an old guy say to his wife 'there's one there could do with seeing the weight management nurse'
Trouble is, the wobbly girl he was talking about could hear him as clear as I could! She looked round to see who he was talking about. It was you lard ass! Lol

Oh another one...
When I got out of my car on my drive yesterday a group of teenagers were strolling by and one was saying
'I was giving Sticky Vicky a piggy back cos she'd fell down that hole'
The mind boggles!

I'm sat in the doctors waiting room and I just heard an old guy say to his wife 'there's one there could do with seeing the weight management nurse'
Trouble is, the wobbly girl he was talking about could hear him as clear as I could! She looked round to see who he was talking about. It was you lard ass! Lol

I would have told him to FO, that's totally unacceptable of him to say that.

Actually I would probably reply with 'Where's Harold Shipman when you need him'. :)

It bugs me that old people sometimes think they have the right to pass judgement on others... however that's quite funny! I know, it's naughty!

It bugs me that old people sometimes think they have the right to pass judgement on others... however that's quite funny! I know, it's naughty!

Yes and it's always the old ones that speak the loudest about the person who's sitting 2 feet away from them. And the young ones whisper in thier friends ear. I'm not sure which is worse !

Glad you got your doctors appointment missy ..

Cheers Winnie, I went down there and forced them to see me. Got my antibiotics. Phew!

I've been asked a couple if times when I'm due!

I'm nearly 42 and hubby is deliberately during blanks.

Their faces when I say 'oh no, I'm just fat' 😊 x

I get into sticky situations with my 7 year old, as she is very opinionated and doesn't hold her tongue back.
We had a meeting at their school to educate parents on head lice treatment.
Out of no where she pipes up and very loudly proclaims: " Maybe you all need to stop buying your kids Justin Bieber pillows and perfumes and get some lice shampoo instead." I just about died :/

Cleen Cheeks Spa

Biljana that made me giggle! Kids really do speak the truth don't they. My grandma is terrible for saying things at top volume. It was worse when we were on holiday and she assumed no-one else spoke english so just insulted most people very loudly.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My grandmother is unreal for this aswell. She will glare at anyone even slightly overweight and declare loudly "I wonder what one has to consume in a day to get to that size" she also glares at young mothers and says "I wonder is she married she looks very young to have a child" (I was a single mom at 17 myself which she conviently forgets!!)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I remember years ago walking through town behind two old men. As a black guy walked towards them, one of the old men said to the other "course since they've found out they can get paid, they've sprung up all over the place making it harder for us whites to get a job". I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but the black guy just smiled as he walked past, looked at me and raised his eyes to the heavens. I suppose he could see them as ignorant, but I felt so embarrassed.

When my 25 year old was about 4 we were in the checkout queue in B&Q. I noticed him looking at a man with very prominent ugly teeth. In my head I'm saying over and over 'please don't say anything, please don't'. I tried distracting him but he still kept looking at the man.
Then It came out 'mummy, why can't that man put his teeth away'? Mortified doesn't even begin to cover it, his wife glared at me for ages :(

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

There is a very very grumpy man in a town near mine, he is a dwarf and he is so mean to everyone!

My aunt was on a bus and he got on so she offered him her seat and he scowled and snapped at her and she goes "oh F**k off home so, Snow White is missing grumpy"!

There was a little person that used to shop in my local dept store , she was in her 50s but about the size of a 2 year old. Very very small but very very cross, very difficult to deal with. Anyway after a 2 hours helping her find what she wanted I brought her things over to a checkout and could see a toddler staring at her , she didn't like this so gave him an awful scowl , poor child ran off screaming "Mummy!!! MONSTER AGGGGHHHGG"

The whole place didn't know where to look :( lol

Edit: I have edited my post to remove the offending word. My apologies if I offended anyone , I genuinely didn't realise that term was offensive to some.

Last edited:
We were sitting near an old couple and the women was rabbiting on and on and on about her friend.The man in the end very politely said to her "darling,you are filling my mind with triviality it can't stand anymore"
What a polite lovely way of telling her to shut up :D
We often jokingly say it to eachother now

We aren't allowed to call people with Dwarfism by that name anymore here in Canada. It has been legally labelled as politically incorrect so therefore we over here call them Little People. It's what Little People want to be called.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I'm a little person. If anyone called me that I'd be insulted though. Ok I'm not a dwarf.
Pointless post lol

I'm a little person. If anyone called me that I'd be insulted though. Ok I'm not a dwarf.
Pointless post lol

Why is it pointless? Just pointing out that there are words we don't use anymore to refer to people as they are insulting. Same applies to calling black people the N word, or gay people F******, or Native people Indians, etc... People with Dwarfism want to be referred to as Little People, and I for one have enough respect for mankind to do so.
This is a very public site and anyone can read it. Why offend because someone is different from the "norm"?

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I think Missy meant her own post was pointless

I think Missy meant her own post was pointless

Yes if course I did!
Honestly I am not one if those posters who jump in to challenge others. Far be it from me to judge what anyone wants to post.
Sometimes this site really winds me up
:(

Latest posts

Back